Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla website down for maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the page much better. I had to chuckle when I saw the delivery window as it said December 15-December 31 2015. It's now February 1st and I'm still waiting on my X! I'm hopeful to have it in the next couple of weeks, but nothing as I've found out can be certain with Tesla. Either way I like the new look of the page.

Tony
Sig X 502

I see my DS name but no delivery window. I don't have a VIN and am in the 14xxx range with a 90D so that's probably why.

Assuming no other 90D's have a delivery window that shows up
No delivery window for me either (90D confirmed 12/20). Is this the first time you're seeing your DS name? Had the DS already reached out via e-mail? Mine did last week but hasn't responded to any of my e-mails since.

Yes, we now also see a delivery window for our Signature VIN #484. It says February - early March. Taking into account Tesla time, if it takes till mid-March to get all of the Signatures delivered, it is going to be a very slow Q1 for TSLA.

Ron[/Q]

Our Production VIN #417 also says "February - Early March" for Estimated Delivery at Location "Fremont Factory", followed by "You'll be scheduled for an exact date and time closer to delivery." I do like the cleaner look of this new webpage.

VINs really seem to have little to do with delivery estimate. I am within 10 of Omarsultan and his delivery windo is 6 weeks ahead of me. Not a big deal to me, just trying to figure out if there's a correlation between VIN and production - it seems looks at best. The Fremont X event cars from last week3nd had VINs in the mid 400s...

VINs really seem to have little to do with delivery estimate. I am within 10 of Omarsultan and his delivery window is 6 weeks ahead of me. Not a big deal to me, just trying to figure out if there's a correlation between VIN and production - it seems looks at best. The Fremont X event cars from last weekend had VINs in the mid 400s...

I read someplace that VINs loosely relate to when it comes off the line because if any problems are found (and it's a fairly regular occurrence right now), the vehicle is removed from the line, fixed and eventually put back into the line, at an earlier location (or something like that). It should get better as they tweak the line so eventually VINs should more closely relate to when the vehicle is finished.

That's interesting, but I don't know if I buy it and here's why. The Fremont event that pvogel referred to had production VINs around 445. That would mean, barring every car having to be taken off the line, anyone with a VIN before that should be told their car is in production - even if that means it will take a month or more. My VIN is in the upper 400s, so I should be in production too. However, not everyone below the 440s has been told they're in production and mine is supposed to enter production "in the coming weeks".

I think it's all just a communications issue. I wait patiently, but it's so hard! I want my car now!

Sorry, I know this isn't really the right thread, but we've gone a bit off topic...