Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Website: HW3 Upgrade "Scheduling Now" for HW2.0 Vehicles!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chart has been updated!
Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 10.48.27 AM.png

I had my HW 2.0 Model S upgraded to HW3 today. I had a mobile order for the passenger airbag recall scheduled for last Friday. Hey called me the day before and said if I brought the car in the could do this FSD upgrade. Obviously, I jumped at the chance. But given my experience, I doubt that HW 2.0 cars can be done mobile. They acted as is mine could not be.

I have MCU1 and it displays stop signs and stop lights just fine. I haven’t seen a cone yet though. Makes me wonder what “visualizations” MCU1 missed out on. Doesn’t seem worth the $2,500.

I had my HW 2.0 Model S upgraded to HW3 today. I had a mobile order for the passenger airbag recall scheduled for last Friday. Hey called me the day before and said if I brought the car in the could do this FSD upgrade. Obviously, I jumped at the chance. But given my experience, I doubt that HW 2.0 cars can be done mobile. They acted as is mine could not be.

I have MCU1 and it displays stop signs and stop lights just fine. I haven’t seen a cone yet though. Makes me wonder what “visualizations” MCU1 missed out on. Doesn’t seem worth the $2,500.
I asked my tech today and he said HW2 definitely needs service center, 2.5 easier and done mobile. My guy was done with hardware in 45 min, it was the software that took a while to load.

I was under the impression that MCU1 didn't get ANY visualizations but it's nice to hear that stop signs and lights are working! It makes sense to make those a priority since the car is actually reacting to them.

I asked my tech today and he said HW2 definitely needs service center, 2.5 easier and done mobile. My guy was done with hardware in 45 min, it was the software that took a while to load.
Good to know!

I dropped off my Model X with MCU1/HW2.0 this morning for the MCU2 and HW3 upgrade. I got a call a few hours later saying that they are out of stock for MCU2 upgrades, but they can do the HW3 upgrade independently and do the MCU2 upgrade when that part comes in.

It's past closing time now so I guess the car will have to stay overnight.

I dropped off my Model X with MCU1/HW2.0 this morning for the MCU2 and HW3 upgrade. I got a call a few hours later saying that they are out of stock for MCU2 upgrades, but they can do the HW3 upgrade independently and do the MCU2 upgrade when that part comes in.

It's past closing time now so I guess the car will have to stay overnight.
Kind of annoying they didn't tell you that sooner!