Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla website showing a revised Model S? Probable Reflection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Just noticed the official Tesla home page is showing what appears to be a revised Model S, with deep stylistic concavities in the side panels, extending from the front quarter panel through both doors. I've been driving my Model S for over 3 years and looking at it every day, and these not the same side panels as my car.

teslamodelsnew.JPG

Doesn't look changed to me... exaggerated due to lighting and Photoshop, yes, but not a new design.
It's beyond exaggerated, it's completely different. There is no amount of lighting variation that could create those obvious indentations--they're huge. It's either hugely misleading photoshopping or an actual change.

Exaggerated? It's beyond exaggerated it's completely different. There is no amount of lighting variation that could create those obvious indentations--they're huge and definitely physical. It's either hugely misleading photoshopping or an actual change.
There's also a reflection in the door panels... I'm guessing that's what's throwing you off? It's also visible in the flats of the wheel arch... along with what appear to be a few tiny spots of clouds that were missed.

The last thing they will change are the side panels. That would be very expensive, with little to gain.

On the exterior, you should not expect much beyond new bumpers, front and tail lights, maybe a revised hood. Front bumper would be without grille, and hood would not reach all the way to the front (to reduce repair and insurance cost).

Look at the lines for the door seam. Those are not the same as the ones on my car, those lines follow the "reflection" curve and seem to demonstrate the concavities Eye Surgeon was talking about.

It's subtle and probably not anything more than a bad photoshop, but if this is a legit refresh, would that sort of indent on the side improve drag and range?

Last edited:
971DC9D4-3862-4222-9A29-256F4CCDF3E4.png
I think it is the current car. Look at this when I loaded up the home page...I was looking at another build...and here you can see those “concavities”

ALso... is it a desktop specific or USA specific thing? On the Tesla site when I visit it on my iPad Pro, it just looks like the same old page. White model S and Tesla home page is a red model S side profile shot with buttons for model 3, S and X

Last edited: