TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla website updated again?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AU1985, Apr 9, 2016.

1. AU1985

AU1985 Member

I hate to keep beating a dead horse here but it appears Tesla changed there website again from the Supercharging capable that was seen yesterday to just Supercharging today....What's it all mean? We may not know until part 2

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

you need to realize that everything about EVs is still new, dynamic and ever changing, rapid changes found on tesla's site will not seem to be so surprising

3. FranKim

FranKim Member

To me there's no way to really know.
    Removing the word "capable" just makes it all the more vague.

4. yesup

yesup Member

We should stop second guessing what every word or every change means.

Most likely even Elon himself has not made the final decision yet.

We won't know for sure until the Part 2 launch.

• Like x 1
  5. AU1985

AU1985 Member

A little speculation never hurt anyone while we bide our time until the next reveal. :D

6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Maybe it means they came to a decision on providing Supercharging as standard? Or it could just as well be someone inadvertently putting up the old page by mistake? I agree we probably won't know for certain until reveal 2... or Elon sends out another tantalizing tweet. :)

7. MB30

MB30 Member

The new page now refers to five star safety again but just saying designed for

8. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

The official word from Tesla earlier this week is they haven't decided on free supercharging or not. As for the 5 star rating, the car hasn't been tested yet so they really can't say it has it.

9. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

That makes sense since the production car doesn't exist yet to be officially tested. However, I'm sure Tesla has done a lot of internal testing already to feel confident about meeting this goal.

10. yesup

yesup Member

Well, the problem with speculation is that sometimes it can be hyped to unreasonable level and this invariably leads to disappointment.

I remember for the Model X, people started analyzing every spy shot and all the cameras or what looks like holes in prototypes, and speculations ran amok about augmented reality, screens in A pillar, electrochromic windows.... some were disappointed that none turned out to be true.

11. ikjadoon

ikjadoon Member

I have recently realized...this is the entire purpose of this Model 3 forum. Literally 36,000 posts and likely over 95% are just about speculation.