TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla website updated and Model 3 is finally being promoted

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by turtlesz, Jul 12, 2018.

1. turtlesz

turtlesz Member

Up until today the Tesla website had the Model S and X on the homepage and the 3 had to have a few clicks to navigate to. Now the 3 is at the top and all the specs and features are being highlighted. Also the description of the 3 has changed and no longer advertises the $35K price as being the highlight of the car. I think the website looks much cleaner and describes each of their vehicles better then before.

2. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Yes, very happy for this improvement!

Still would be nice to know if anything is different with the Performance suspension.

• Like x 1
  3. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

They also have a Model 3 "Test Drive" sign-up link right on the front page.

4. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

#4 commasign, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Love the new design. Consistent with the pages for S and X.

Of particular interest:

New video of the white interior
    hero.mp4

New photo of white interior rear seats

upload_2018-7-12_16-3-58.png

Elephant proof roof. Good to know.

upload_2018-7-12_16-23-10.png
    15 speakers and their layout. The configurator only says "premium audio" and previously only said more speakers and subwoofer or something to that effect, so nice to finally see a graphic about it.

upload_2018-7-12_16-10-52.png

Hmmm, standard range battery with AWD only has 215 miles range? Shhhh... don't tell the "Let's talk about dual motor AWD range" thread folks. ;)

upload_2018-7-12_16-0-13.png

No surprises, but this pretty much confirms manual front seats for non-PUP. Confirmation of textile seats. 3 months internet for non-PUP. What does console storage mean? Same as PUP console? But not covered?

upload_2018-7-12_16-1-7.png

5. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

You're literally 2 weeks behind the curve here. This was already known and discussed in said threads on June 28th or 29th. :p

6. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Lol, yeah, I was the one that posted it. But someone claimed it wasn't "fact" yet since it was just hidden in the code and could have been an error. Now it's actually viewable.

• Like x 1
  7. Nate977p

Nate977p Member

Few interesting items...
    • Pictures show that only outboard 4 seats are heated, but PUP list says 2.
    • No mention of power steering wheel, seems to imply that is standard, which I have never seen in this price range.
    • Says heated mirrors but does not mention if they are power folding or not; implies they are also standard.
    • Where do we lose the two USB ports? If it's a different console, maybe they stay in the back to keep similar parts and wiring? Would be weird, but efficient. I would think they would be integrated in the non-PUP console, but maybe not?
    Now a question, maybe in another thread. Does the 15 ft of storage include the compartment under the trunk? 15 ft seems small if it did include that space, this I'm guessing not?

8. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

#8 ℬête Noire, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Oooooh, you meant "Shhhh... don't pop the bubble of the hopelessly delusional chowderheads". :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  9. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

My guess is that non-PUP loses the the two USB ports under the HVAC vents for the rear seats.

• Like x 1
  10. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Exactly. Just like I still hope my Model 3 will come with a HUD. ;)

• Funny x 1
  11. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

I noticed this. I go there daily to see if my edit button has vanished... it hasn't yet.

12. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

This means the Model 3 brings in the most buck because the manufacturing lines of S and X are outdated.

• Like x 1
  13. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Daily? Not enough. You have to check hourly for the edit button to disappear. ;)

• Like x 1