Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla website updated and Model 3 is finally being promoted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up until today the Tesla website had the Model S and X on the homepage and the 3 had to have a few clicks to navigate to. Now the 3 is at the top and all the specs and features are being highlighted. Also the description of the 3 has changed and no longer advertises the $35K price as being the highlight of the car. I think the website looks much cleaner and describes each of their vehicles better then before.

Up until today the Tesla website had the Model S and X on the homepage and the 3 had to have a few clicks to navigate to. Now the 3 is at the top and all the specs and features are being highlighted. Also the description of the 3 has changed and no longer advertises the $35K price as being the highlight of the car. I think the website looks much cleaner and describes each of their vehicles better then before.
They also have a Model 3 "Test Drive" sign-up link right on the front page.

Love the new design. Consistent with the pages for S and X.

Of particular interest:

New video of the white interior
hero.mp4

New photo of white interior rear seats

upload_2018-7-12_16-3-58.png

Elephant proof roof. Good to know.

upload_2018-7-12_16-23-10.png

15 speakers and their layout. The configurator only says "premium audio" and previously only said more speakers and subwoofer or something to that effect, so nice to finally see a graphic about it.

upload_2018-7-12_16-10-52.png

Hmmm, standard range battery with AWD only has 215 miles range? Shhhh... don't tell the "Let's talk about dual motor AWD range" thread folks. ;)

upload_2018-7-12_16-0-13.png

No surprises, but this pretty much confirms manual front seats for non-PUP. Confirmation of textile seats. 3 months internet for non-PUP. What does console storage mean? Same as PUP console? But not covered?

upload_2018-7-12_16-1-7.png

Last edited:
Few interesting items...
  • Pictures show that only outboard 4 seats are heated, but PUP list says 2.
  • No mention of power steering wheel, seems to imply that is standard, which I have never seen in this price range.
  • Says heated mirrors but does not mention if they are power folding or not; implies they are also standard.
  • Where do we lose the two USB ports? If it's a different console, maybe they stay in the back to keep similar parts and wiring? Would be weird, but efficient. I would think they would be integrated in the non-PUP console, but maybe not?
Now a question, maybe in another thread. Does the 15 ft of storage include the compartment under the trunk? 15 ft seems small if it did include that space, this I'm guessing not?