Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Not sure where to post issues about the Tesla site, a VERY important part of the ecosystem, but there appear to be no seconds of this board to post about it.

Anyway

Why is it that when I am searching for a used car (tesla.com/used) I can only specify location, model, price, battery, and color

What about those who want to be sure to get a sunroof, 19" wheels, some AP, or specifically AP2, and my personal fav Free SuperCharging. Oh, and upgrade path: Is this a software or hardware based 60 kWh?

This would seem to make finding the car you want much easier, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Are there other sites that cover this info? AutoTrader still lets me put in Manual Transmission when searching Teslas.

-Randy

Nice, thanks! The EV-CPO didn't seem to have a way to search for cars that have Free Supercharging. The Tesla Inventory Search works well, but I am curious about the source of the info. I found a 60D that when I opened the link showed a 75D. I was going to send a photo to show the issue, but when I went back to the original TIS screen it had a new match and the match I was following now showed as a 75D too... Curious. How often do they update, is there a way to get emails when changes happen?

-Randy

Nice, thanks! The EV-CPO didn't seem to have a way to search for cars that have Free Supercharging. T

It sure does! Please see the options under the "Must Have" section:

upload_2017-7-13_21-28-51.png

Excellent, that site brings up many more listings, but they don't say "Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features" they say:

Autopilot convenience features available through software updates
or
Autopilot features are made available through progressive software updates. Lane keeping and self-parking updates will be available soon.

Are these cars that never paid for Autopilot? What does that cost and what is the difference between those two statements?

-Randy

Spoke to the CHAT guy on Tesla.com about those statements and was told:

The vehicle has Autopilot hardware and the software would be what is upgrade-able to allow that autopilot hardware to be used. Features like lane keeping and self parking are part of that software package. Essentially, it's letting the potential owner know that the vehicle has Autopilot Hardware, but the software would still need to be purchased in order to use those features. The cost to add is $3000 for 1.0 HW

-Randy