Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Weekend Social - Decrypting the Cryptic Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Got this email just now, wanted to know what everyone thought that last part meant... Pretty cryptic stuff if you ask me.

"This new event series was designed exclusively for owners. Over a light breakfast, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with Tesla product experts, learn more about latest product features and speak with fellow owner enthusiasts. We look forward to seeing you at the event as we take a closer look at Summon."

• Informative
Reactions: mfreese
I also just got this email. There are different locations on different dates, so if you don't see your nearest service center on a date, check a different date. Some locations are having the event on multiple dates. I recommend signing up soon if you plan on going, as Tesla events fill up quickly and you won't be able to RSVP a spot.

Not cryptic to me. Believe it just means they will explain how Summon self parking and retrieval works. Maybe indicate their future plans where you can summon your Tesla from further and further away.

I read where Elon is hopeful to allow your Tesla to drive you to the airport or other location, drop you off, return to your garage, plug itself in and return to pick you up when you schedule it. Tesla seems to be thinking long term for autopilot.

I believe that summons is a free over the air update that many earlier buyers will be getting, but might not be familiar with it, or how it can best be used. No need to buy another car to get it, just another way that these cars have the potential to get better and better with no cost of effort.