Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Weekend Social - Decrypting the Cryptic Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received emails today for a Tesla Weekend Social. Quite a number of them planned around the country this coming weekend, April 29 and April 30, 2017, some scheduled for Saturday and others for Sunday. Planning to RSVP and attend our first now that we are owners. Thinking it will cover the new SuperCharging stations and upcoming Model 3. Wonder if they will also cover the solar roof tiles and Powerwall. Look forward to meeting some of the drivers we see on the road with us :D.

Do you have a link? I have not received an email for Houston, Texas as of yet...

^Yep, same as we got. We're signed up for updates so guessing how we got on the list.

We RSVPd to the Palo Alto/Stanford one. Hubby said he wanted to go (which kind of surprised me because he doesn't take an interest generally in this kind of thing much). Hey it would be cool if the Model 3 that was seen driving around near the Palo Alto location made an appearance there, even if fleeting ;).

So I'm assuming these are somewhat different from the local Events (breakfast/test drives) they plan and that get listed under Events on the Tesla site. When I type in Palo Alto, Ca there, only a Carmel Explore event comes up, not this Weekend Social. How often do these typically happen?

Last edited:
They don't seem to have these events too frequently, this is maybe the 3rd invite I've received in ~17months of ownership.
Went to the first "breakfast" (actually, coffee & donuts) event about a year ago, and will try to go to this month's.

screenshot of the email, here:

screenshot.jpg

The Stanford/Palo Alto Sunday event was full as of Friday when hubby looked. Glad we rsvp'd early. The Burbank, CA one is also full for tomorrow. Decided to check today's schedule and only the Bellvue, WA one was full. So time for anyone else to respond to the other locations.

At my local event, mostly it was walk around, socialize, look at the cars, and eat some food. They gave a tour of the facility, and demonstrated Summon. There was a brief presentation; they mostly covered the referral program and Project Loveday (asking for fan-made videos that Tesla will help publicize). They also handed out "overnight test drive" cards that we can give to interested friends.

We didn't learn anything, but then I didn't expect to. It was a nice gathering, like pretty much all of Tesla's events are.

I asked, and was told that most (though not all) attendees were owners, as opposed to reservation holders or prospectives. So combine that with the subject matter, and it looks like they are subtly encouraging us owners to help them sell cars. No surprise, as we've always known that EVs sell best by word-of-mouth from owners.

went to my local event and it was mostly as ChadS described without the Summon demo (which they did at a simlar local event last year) nor the facility tour. They said the short presentation was common to all locations - very brief mention of referral program, showed a couple samples from Project Loveday, and intro to a few easter eggs - including live demo of the Model X light show. Short Q&A session with attendees, and also a few words from our local Tesla owners club execs. Also got free overnight test drive invite cards to give to friends. As mentioned above, not really anything new learned, but it was nice to meet and chat with several other owners

nnick01 did you end up going to one?

We attended the Sunday event in Stanford/Palo Alto, CA and it was nicely done. We arrived just before 10 and they welcomed people in and invited you to the table of food and drink that was catered. This was in the Stanford Shopping Center (just a showroom). Was a bit more posh than I've read about other events. Coffee, champagne, juices, water. Sandwiches, crudités, various finger food. As mentioned the event was closed out early due to the high number of RSVPs. Nice showroom space. They had several Xs and Ss in the showroom along with a chassis of an X. There was also a section for the Powerwall and quite a number of people were interested in that. The rep from Tesla Energy was there answering questions and people were signing up for more info.

Their presentation, pretty much same as mentioned above, was delayed a bit as more people keep coming in. The presentation wasn't that long and afterwards they did the X xmas egg display on the curb outside the store front. Always a crowd pleaser. No Summons display however. They also mentioned the new rewards program and the chance to win a special Tour of the factory and see the Model 3. Believe they said it was a paid stay so really a Telsa vacation of sorts. Hubby got a chance to ask the questions he had and I enjoyed talking with a half dozen or so owners. One nice lady, Marty, had just retired on Friday and was looking forward to taking their X on a few trips. They bought their X to add a trailer to and I was able to point her to the Event in Carmel that was focused around doing just this. Also gave her the heads up on TMC ("hi" Marty if you are reading this!). Very laid back event much in Tesla's style and a pleasant morning.

Reactions: Tam