TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Whack a Mole

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by raynewman, Jan 8, 2017.

1. raynewman

raynewman Member

On the recent Brisbane - Melbourne - Brisbane trip, the 'grab the wheel' popup irresistibly reminds me of 'Whack a Mole'.
    Sometimes I get a proper score (before the white surround) and some times a side (after the white); but always before the tone - after all who wants to be knocked out of the game.

2. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

I did try your method for a bit on the Hume Ray, but for me its better to just rest my hands on the wheel. Then you can do an auto lane change at any point, without madly having to convince the car that you are alive before it will do anything !

Maybe I am not made of the "right stuff" to compete as a whack-a-mole gladiator !

3. Vegas

Vegas Member

I'm setting off for Sydney from Brisbane tomorrow, looking forward to a long game of whack-a-mole. Thanks Ray it should keep me entertained.

4. ZTrekus

ZTrekus Member

Hi Ray,

Just drove Sydney to Gold Coast n back. I was thinking about you and Whack a Mole the whole way!

I got locked out once in the beginning before I knew I was playing. Thereafter I rested my finger on the wheel and managed to freeze my hand off due to the right vent a/c.

But then every time I got a warning, I decided to disengage and then reengage the auto pilot. Does that reset the warning counter to zero? Anyone? I guessed it did but didn't experiment.

Sometimes I feel like getting a 9v battery attached to a small dc motor and velcro'ing it to the wheel just to give it the jiggles for me...

• Like x 1
  5. Murbs

Murbs Member

A couple of lackey bands gets the job done.

6. raynewman

raynewman Member

No good if the car wants to turn (particularly left). Keep Whacking.