TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Wheels

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Bluejuice, May 13, 2017.

?

If price wasn't a factor - 19" slipstreams or 19" cyclones

1. Slipstreams

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Cyclones

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. Bluejuice

Bluejuice Member

If price were not a factor would you order the 19" slipstreams or the 19" cyclones?

2. Mickie

Mickie Member

Voted slips because the cyclone's style and equal size isn't enough to tickle my fancy compared to the slipstream's marketed increased range of up to 5%, or some arbitrary number.

3. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I personally don't like the look of the Slipstreams, but I'd choose them over the Cyclones because I dislike the uneven spacing of the Cyclone's vanes even more.

4. Bluejuice

Bluejuice Member

Interesting. I thought the cyclones had a 3% increase in range compared to the other wheels and that is why they are the Tesla recommended wheels.

5. Mickie

Mickie Member

Hmm, never saw that regarding the Cyclones, but I got that range increase claim from here. Tesla — 19" Slipstream Wheel and Winter Tire Package