Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, why do you tease me like that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
Just got this email today:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 6.41.29 PM.png

Are you just trying to remind me that classic owners don't have all these new, awesome features on our cars?

There's at least one other thread asking the same question. Yes, it's a tease by Tesla to send owners of non-AP cars such emails. They are trying to sell you a new car, after all.

Mods, please merge...

Just got this email today:

View attachment 107877

Are you just trying to remind me that classic owners don't have all these new, awesome features on our cars?
Well I got the email too but have yet to see the software update hit my car, at first I thought it was an email informing me my update was ready.

Honestly I think it's an unsophisticated mass email to all owners.

was slightly tempted by this feature, but then realized that Summon won't work for me cuz:
1. my driveway is slightly sloped.
2. my car is usually plugged in.

so it's not worth the upgrade to add the AP at this time.
for $3k I can walk to the car, even in the rain or cold.
:tongue:

Judging by the wording, apparently Tesla no longer expects one to charge at home.

I wondered about that too. I was one of those a while back who received the email asking owners charge less at super chargers and more at home. So I have been plugging in at home every night.

But after seeing this thread I wonder if they (Tesla) have changed their minds.

BTW, I have received and installed 7.1 but have not received the message that started this thread.