Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla will enable orders end of next week for dual motor AWD & performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR - (quoted 5.1, but people are getting high 4s)
AWD - 4.3
P - 3.3
I think these are my expected speeds according to Tesla. I think people will get maybe 4.0 with AWD.

I'm assuming Tesla will further refine the powertrain over the next few years which could get down to 3.0.

Super happy that they are revealing prices soon. Still want a winter equipment package with a heated steering wheel!!

Reactions: GSP
Guesses
AWD LR 12.9 @ 105.5
0-60 4.2

Performance who knows. not fast enough to usurp an uncorked Model S 100D. Faster than a 75D.
12.2 @ 110
0-60 3.7

I think the Performance will be an option package like PUP or AWD that you add on to your Model 3. I'm pretty sure the LR and SR are using the same battery and SR will just be softwatre limited like the 60-75 was for S/X. Could be wrong. But this streamlines production and means you don't need to crash test again I think.

So in Canada, LR, AWD, PUP, AP will be about $80,000+tax. Add on Performance package (stronger rear motor, red calipers (lol) and not sure what else for another $17,000 and you're at $97,000 for a performance 75 model 3. Still qualifies for rebate under this scenario so you're really looking at about $95,500+delivery charges tax in or around $97,000. For the $35,000 one.

The good news is when there's a performance 75 battery AWD Tesla on the road, dronepilot's avatar will finally actually mean something. Just not to his car.

Last edited:
If production starts in July I wonder how they are going to sort the US and Canada orders.

My guess is Canada won't get a delivery till August at the earliest
I think Canada is going to get minimal orders July-December. It is quite clear Tesla wants to deliver their 200,000 car in the US as close to July 1 as possible which then triggers the US Federal tax credit going away six months after. Tesla will be cranking cars out at warp speed to maximize the US Federal tax credit.

Reactions: 03DSG and doubeld
the timing is just terrible. polls show Ford is going to win, and if he does, that clock starts ticking for the EVIP rebate. I wanted AWD, but I'm to risk adverse to chance it

Me too. I’m crossing my fingers that a front motor can be popped in after-the-fact. Probably the tiniest chance but it’d be awesome!

Me too. I’m crossing my fingers that a front motor can be popped in after-the-fact. Probably the tiniest chance but it’d be awesome!

Elon just talked about how they were manufacturing battery packs with a cut out in the front, then a fill plate installed. This punch plate would have been for a front motor. But this was determined to be an extra step in manufacturing that didn't need to happen for a RWD vehicle, so they stopped doing

Before this manufacturing change, maybe it could have been done. Now, highly unlikely.

I think is a reasonable bet that the new government will honour rebate on all vehicle order placed (crossing my fingers).

the timing is just terrible. polls show Ford is going to win, and if he does, that clock starts ticking for the EVIP rebate. I wanted AWD, but I'm to risk adverse to chance it

Ford going to win, okay if that’s the case.

I have been read that it takes at least two weeks after election for new premier to sworn in and form a new government. Plus there is chance that we may have a minor government if that is the case we may have longer time between Election Day and new government.

By that time, all existing orders are registered and delivered, I don’t think new government could cancel the rebate for the vehicle has been delivered.