Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Will Not Sell Me LTE Upgrade To Install Myself On Out Of Warranty Vehicle!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The LTE thing would not be so bad if 3G was not rumored to shutdown in a couple years.

We will try to help with this where we can and keep things competitive and give people a choice. We truly appreciate all the support we have received from TMC and it's members. We cant do this alone.

They do really werid things with parts prices. Some stuff is pretty cheap (cost less that I would expect) then other things are crazy, like the door handle switch, over $100 for 2 micro switches, wires, and a connector..
Out of curiosity, I’m going to call Tesla in West Palm Beach to see if they will still sell me the kit. There may be a few SC out there still playing by their own rules. When I bought mine, there was a chip in the LTE modem and a brand new one as well. I sold the extra chip to someone here for like $40 shipped. I wish I could do more to help others like that..

Reactions: Akikiki
Out of curiosity, I’m going to call Tesla in West Palm Beach to see if they will still sell me the kit. There may be a few SC out there still playing by their own rules. When I bought mine, there was a chip in the LTE modem and a brand new one as well. I sold the extra chip to someone here for like $40 shipped. I wish I could do more to help others like that..

Please let me know. I was working with a very helpful SC after hearing your success, and they recently were not allowed to sell to me anymore.

I was also offering the old SIM as exchange and still getting denied.

Ya know, we have seen an uptick in failing eMMCs. And the Tesla replaced MCU includes LTE board. So, it could be a supply issue and many are going to MCU refurbished units. Maybe "can't sell" is because "we need them". And maybe its a temporary thing. Maybe? Hope so. I guess we should look in the parts catalog and see if its flagged as a restrictive item.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
maybe the 1000 th eMMC repair will be on the house, hey Tony?
Hmm, so far the around 500 number is combo with us and luke.... Tell you what... if we (just evfixme) get to 1000 by sept 30 2020, which should be achievable since we have been ramping to be ready for volume.... #1000 will be totally on the house, including removal if it is onsite, or free next day return delivery. I'll have to do exact count later but we are somewhere around 80's right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: dark cloud
We've not earned that benefit for free work. We owe you 100x more.

lol. It’s cool. We are up to that challenge. Since that would put us into full production with a complete shop. Let’s do this!

We are here to serve the community/customers. Since we would be just twiddling our thumbs if we had no cars to fix. People need cars fixed, and we need cars to fix. It's a symbiotic relationship.

Last edited: