Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla will now ship used vehicles for $2000 transport fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email from a Tesla advisor:

Great news! Transport is back! You can also now Automatically Request Photos directly on the website. You will have 7 Days to take delivery after you see pictures, place your nonrefundable order payment and confirm a delivery appointment once your vehicle is on-site at the local Delivery Center.

Tesla will Transport your vehicle to your local Used Vehicle Delivery Center for a non-negotiable $2,000 fee.

For example: If you live in San Francisco, California - you can purchase a car that is in West Palm Beach , Florida and have that car shipped to the Fremont, CA Tesla Delivery Center for pickup at the Tesla Delivery Center for $2,000.

You will still have to go to sign for and pick up the vehicle at the closest Used Vehicle Delivery Center.

I got a bunch of photos for various cars too before spending any money. But that's not new, they've had that a while.
The delivery is new. Well, newish since it used to exist. Guess I chose the exact wrong time to buy since I had to go get it AND pay extra taxes on it.

I have been notified by the SA i've been working with over the past few weeks that there today has been a policy change and Tesla will now ship your used Tesla for $2,000 to the nearest service center. Hopefully this helps some of you buying a used car from tesla - but it's too late for me.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
does it mean they will charge again 2000 $ even if car is local ?
No. The shipping cost only applies to cars that are not located in the immediate vicinity of your local delivery center. The biggest beneficiary of this option I think will be non-California buyers who can now get the car shipped to them, although they cannot inspect the vehicle prior to shipping...basically the shipping cost is non-refundable.

Just click request photos and wait a bit and an email will come in...I have gotten pictures for about 30 cars and never paid a dime.

Where do you see that option? I checked the website (I'm a Canadian buyer) and don't see any place where I can request the pictures? I checked again and they say that I have to call to see pictures (with the toll free line)

No. The shipping cost only applies to cars that are not located in the immediate vicinity of your local delivery center. The biggest beneficiary of this option I think will be non-California buyers who can now get the car shipped to them, although they cannot inspect the vehicle prior to shipping...basically the shipping cost is non-refundable.

lol imagine you transfer car with dents or other problems and if you refuse it you lose 2000 $. Terrible practice by Tesla

Wtf? I'm 5 miles away from home (Orlando) after picking up my car from San Francisco and driving it back because they refused to ship it.

Oh well.
Oh My Buddha!!! I feel really bad for you but was still laughing reading your words. It's only funny until somebody gets hurt....then, it's hilarious! I'm sorta in your boat. I had a KC pickup and drive to Houston a couple weeks 'after' they cancelled the old 1,500 option. But then, I thoroughly enjoyed the drive

Pfft! All these people complaining about a $2000 fee to ship a car cross country. The Destination fee for a new car is a fixed (fixed by US law) $1000. I had to pay this even though I picked my car up at the Fremont deliver center, 1.6 miles from the factory!