Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla will use camera to monitor driver behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense. I noticed a few updates ago that if I was looking away and lane detection would go off it would 'disable certain features until my next drive'. Then the lane detection wouldn't work until the car was was parked.

However the lane detection would work if I activated AP.

my bad, I thought auto pilot was self driving. time for that electrical tape over the lens
It's a little confusing terminology. Most people call 'autopilot' the version that comes free (TACC, Autosteer, driver assistance programs) and FSD the one that is $10k. (And just to make it more confusing, basic AP is essentially self-driving on the highway, with the functions it has....) But I've also seen FSD referred to as 'full AP' or even just AP. I wish they would dump the FSD moniker and just call it 'basic autopilot' (free version) and 'full' or 'advanced autopilot' (pay version).

I just drove 500 miles yesterday on 2021.14.18 and didn't notice a anything different. A lot of the trip was on AP and I was looking out the windshield (and using the steering wheel as a drum) but the nag was still there and fairly prevalent. Maybe Tesla software versions are not sequential. 🤷‍♂️