Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winds and Elevation Web Browser App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SomeJoe7777 but how do I get the "username"? Seems like it just loops again, only with something new (see below) showing that I successfully enabled the software.

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 126
@SomeJoe7777 I heard from the 2018.14 update thread that the new browser update removed the 30sec location service timeout. If the caulations and compass rose update are done locally, it would be nice to have the location update every second so it does lag as much.

I can’t confirm myself as I didn’t get the update yet.

I'll be more than happy to do this update, but I need the 2018.14 update myself.

Unfortunately, I'm up against a time window. My model S is leased, and is getting turned back in on 4/23. If I don't have the update by then, it's going to be a lot harder to make the change and debug it.

I'll be more than happy to do this update, but I need the 2018.14 update myself.

Unfortunately, I'm up against a time window. My model S is leased, and is getting turned back in on 4/23. If I don't have the update by then, it's going to be a lot harder to make the change and debug it.

Are you going to get another model S?
What happens if you modify the web site today to pull location every second? Will it fail gracefully until 30 sec is up or will something bad happens?

Are you going to get another model S?
What happens if you modify the web site today to pull location every second? Will it fail gracefully until 30 sec is up or will something bad happens?

No, keeping only the Model 3 for now. Will probably get a second Tesla in a year or so for the girlfriend, could be several scenarios: 2nd Model 3, new Model S, Model Y? New one becomes hers, or new one becomes mine and she gets my current Model 3, who knows.

I may work on the site this weekend and change the position updater interval downwards and see what happens.

Reactions: Duffer
I'm on 2018.14 for a week now. The app seems to be broken after the update (no data is showing). Anyone else with 2018.14 and using the app can confirm? Thanks.
When you say no data, do you mean a totally black browser window? I see that from time to time (pre-2018.14) - the fix is to make the browser full-screen and then back to half-screen. It seems the app sometimes displays on the half that isn't showing.

I'm on 2018.14 for a week now. The app seems to be broken after the update (no data is showing). Anyone else with 2018.14 and using the app can confirm? Thanks.

Yes, if it's a completely black browser window, that's a known bug in the Tesla CID, it happens to other websites as well. You can go full-screen then back to half-screen to try to fix it, or reboot the CID.

Yes, if it's a completely black browser window, that's a known bug in the Tesla CID, it happens to other websites as well. You can go full-screen then back to half-screen to try to fix it, or reboot the CID.

I tried this, and the app is still non functional for me. I tried rebooting the MCU as well. and no joy. Just a screen with no real data on it.

Updated to 2018.14 on Thursday.

It's not completely black browser window. I've tried rebooting and toggling full/half screen. Nothing is helping. The app used to work wonderfully as it's always on my CID. The issue might be something to do with the reported "improvements" of the browser under 2018.14. I'm attaching the screenshot.

Peter_M, is yours working under 2018.14?

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_170106.jpg
    IMG_20180414_170106.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 71
It's not completely black browser window. I've tried rebooting and toggling full/half screen. Nothing is helping. The app used to work wonderfully as it's always on my CID. The issue might be something to do with the reported "improvements" of the browser under 2018.14. I'm attaching the screenshot.

OK, thanks. This indicates that one of the Javascript routines isn't running. I'll have to do some troubleshooting as soon as my car updates.

This is the same that I am seeing.

The site is broken for 2018.14

I noticed teslawinds not working properly after I was upgraded to 2018.14. I got the same screen image you did Droschke.

Then I tried to recreate the web favorite link and now I cannot get the openweathermap.org API Key to verify. I even created a new openweathermap.org API Key and still no joy.