TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla wins 2 awards in Australian 2015 Drive car of the year awards

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by TesAus, Dec 4, 2015.

1. TesAus

TesAus Member

2. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

The whole article bored me too much to read, but the Ford Everest Trend was the winner. Wow, I'm glad I don't drive the winning car- a very surprising result to me. They point out that its ability to ford rivers was important to the judges- fair enough, if that's your criteria :)
    i think the Model S price is going against it more and more....

3. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

For the Ford, I thought the main criteria was the ability to spontaneously burst into flame.

4. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

Thats why it's important be able to cross rivers!:biggrin:

5. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Lolololol

6. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

... and the ability to advertise in Fairfax newspapers, in fact mainly this I think.

7. dogphlap

dogphlap Member

Well then, the ability to be able to drive into a river might prove handy if you are on fire.

8. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

9. Miggy

Miggy Member

instead of saying " depending" should it not say wherever or however you recharge it:

"Firstly, and in spite of its cutting-edge electric battery pack and the addition of a front-mounted electric motor, it is the most affordable contender here with a sticker of $148,758 (plus on-road costs) and has the lowest running costs with, depending on how, and where, you recharge it, the cheapest energy consumption."

10. Astroboy747

Astroboy747 Member

Why on earth would they pit these cars against each other? The Model S is the most affordable? It should be competing with the E class and the 5 series. What a bad matchup and article.