Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wins 2 awards in Australian 2015 Drive car of the year awards

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
Drive car of the year awards for 2015 are in.

Again Tesla failed to win overall award, however it did pick up two awards:

Firstly for the luxury car over $80k field:
2015 Drive Car of the Year: Best luxury car over $80,000

Secondly, the supercharger network won 2015 green innovation award:
2015 Green Innovation award
The whole article bored me too much to read, but the Ford Everest Trend was the winner. Wow, I'm glad I don't drive the winning car- a very surprising result to me. They point out that its ability to ford rivers was important to the judges- fair enough, if that's your criteria :)
i think the Model S price is going against it more and more....

raynewman

Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
The whole article bored me too much to read, but the Ford Everest Trend was the winner. Wow, I'm glad I don't drive the winning car- a very surprising result to me. They point out that its ability to ford rivers was important to the judges- fair enough, if that's your criteria :)
i think the Model S price is going against it more and more....
For the Ford, I thought the main criteria was the ability to spontaneously burst into flame.

Miggy

Jun 23, 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
instead of saying " depending" should it not say wherever or however you recharge it:

"Firstly, and in spite of its cutting-edge electric battery pack and the addition of a front-mounted electric motor, it is the most affordable contender here with a sticker of $148,758 (plus on-road costs) and has the lowest running costs with, depending on how, and where, you recharge it, the cheapest energy consumption."

Astroboy747

Aug 24, 2015
Earth
Why on earth would they pit these cars against each other? The Model S is the most affordable? It should be competing with the E class and the 5 series. What a bad matchup and article.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC