Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Mats possible issues.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a full set of winter mats from tesla and received them about 3 weeks ago. Got my car yesterday and put them in. I found the frunk mat to be too long and not accurately shaped. It folds up about 2 inches in the recessed well and in the front part of the frunk there is a little gap between the edge of mat and the side walls.

The rear trunk mat (above the 3rd row seats) seems a little too snug left to right. I had to jam it under the hook on the left side.

I am going to see how they settle in before calling tesla on it but I think the shape is a little off.

Lastly did anyone else get the front mats? I put hem overtop of the carpet mat an opted to not drill a hole in the floor to put the fasteners down. I felt the mats felt fine and snug without the fasteners. Anyone else have experience with this.

I think Tesla changed the Frunk size recently, and didn't change the winter mat...there is another thread on that. I did put the fasteners in on the drivers mat, as I found that it would slide out of position a bit over time. I don't have the full rear mat, just the footwell mat, so I can't comment on how that fits.

I was surprised the winter mats were more of a hard plastic than a thick rubber like other winter mats I have had. A problem I have encountered is the fact that the snow and ice collects in the bottom of the mat and then staines the bottom of my pants leg.

Lastly did anyone else get the front mats? I put hem overtop of the carpet mat an opted to not drill a hole in the floor to put the fasteners down. I felt the mats felt fine and snug without the fasteners. Anyone else have experience with this.

I got the first row and second row winter mats. I did not screw in the fasteners and have not had a problem with the mat sliding around. We'll see how that unfolds.

I did have a big problem with the second row. The seat tracks are in different positions when comparing the driver and passenger sides. (I don't know if that's normal or not; it doesn't matter.) Basically the mat fit when the driver's seat was fully forward, but when positioned so I (6 feet) could sit comfortably, the seat would hit the mat causing it to crumble up. I had to cut out sections of the floor mat to accommodate my car. Not a big problem, as the cut edges are now under the chair and can't be seen without specifically looking for them.

A problem I have encountered is the fact that the snow and ice collects in the bottom of the mat and then staines the bottom of my pants leg.

Is not the primary purpose of all-weather mats to collect snow and water so they don't damage your carpet?

I'm guessing when Anthony Weiner makes internet posts about staining his pants, it's a joke (or a solicitation) :smile: .