Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I received a call back from the Mississauga SC, my tire package is suppose to ship next week. There was not much explanation on what caused the delay, other than an excuse that Tesla was shipping them all at once. I don't really buy that, seeing that they charge my credit card on May 12th 2 days after I placed the order. Fingers crossed that they get here on time.

That happened to me with the Aero Wheel Cap Kit. I ordered it way in advance of my Model 3 arriving. They charged my credit card and after not receiving it for a few months I contacted them. I guess it never shipped so they refunded me and asked me to order it again.

Ordered Sep 24th online. Received email confirmation right away, and credit card was charged at the same time. No word since. Called local SC a little over a week ago and was told they were using mobile service exclusively -- free if ordered online, extra charge if not. Advised to wait for a call from mobile service contractor but nothing heard yet. Glad to see there's movement on orders in the GTA and hope that's a positive sign for ROC.

Ours are in and installation appointment is scheduled for this week!

Wonder if these will be the 240s as I read the 270s have the dual rubber compound layers. Also, if Tesla has done anything specific like the strengthening in the OEM summers.

Well I received a call back from the Mississauga SC, my tire package is suppose to ship next week. There was not much explanation on what caused the delay, other than an excuse that Tesla was shipping them all at once. I don't really buy that, seeing that they charge my credit card on May 12th 2 days after I placed the order. Fingers crossed that they get here on time.
I also called about my winter tire order and Mississauga SC also said that they were shipping all at once. I took the to mean that it was more efficient (cheaper) for them to make one large order from Fremont, instead of a bunch of small orders. No huge rush (although they do have my money). As long as they come in before mid Nov (to meet the requirements of my car insurance)

I purchased my tired back at the end of August, tires are shipped 2 weeks ago, hold-on to by a company called "The Tire Change guys/The Tire Storage Guys".
They are a mobile tire service company and will install my set of tires at home tomorrow.
So expect a 1-1.5month between online purchase to when you actually get your tires.

I’d love to know if the Tesla winter package also causes a loss of regen even when not fully charged and with a warm battery. I hope someone that gets the install let’s us know.

Tires typically have nothing to do with the Regen limitation. The limitation only comes into play due to current pack charge level or temperature. I can confirm that there is no difference in regen limitation between winter or summer tires.

Some notes so far (no snow, just dry warm (17C) / cold (-2C) pavement):
- Very quite tires, quieter so than the stock aeros
- handling very good on dry warm/cold pavement (similar to summer tires, only a slight give)
- I would approximate about 5-10% increase in energy consumption vs. the summers due to higher rolling resistance

Next test, ice & snow...