Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah the 19 centre cap look is not bad on 18s. However, I'd like to give an update that SC did call me back and asked me to go back to SC to install the missed aero covers. And I did that last weekend. So now I have normal 18 aero wheels with winter tires. ;)

Ordered mine Oct 22, after only getting an email that the tireinstallguys where busy, I called last week and they said I could get them installed in markham at the buttonville airport on sunday, so when down there and got them installed in about 20 min, also didn't receive the covers and was told they would be sent out.

Interesting... I ordered my tires on Oct 21st, and got an email a few days ago from the Tire Guys saying that they expect my tires to arrive in the first or second week of December. I live outside their service area, so I'm wondering if that's why I'm more delayed?

So PSA: keep an eye on these forums (or ask your friends who also ordered winter tires) to compare dates when you ordered and when your tires are being offered to be installed. Tire Guys messed up my order date by 1 month, so I was being told first few weeks of December, because they thought my order was November 19th instead of October 19th... heading to Butonville airport tomorrow to have them installed now that the order date has been clarified!

Look what just arrived!

316965C2-50CA-4246-ACA2-30045B3D1295.jpeg

Reactions: mahagala
Just cancelled my Tesla Winter Tire package (it has been over a month with no word on delivery). Here's the positive part: the cancellation email was responded to within hours stating a refund is being processed. That is fastest response I've had from the Tesla Shop's customer service team!

Ordered Winter tire package Nov 8, received email Dec 4 from Tesla Lawrence that my order is being shipped and is expected before the end of the month. The Tire Storage Guys will contact me and "arrange a mobile visit (within GTA)". Doesn't present an issue for me since I live within GTA but I know others have had issues with arranging install so Tesla should be upfront with that on their site before order is placed.

Ordered Winter tire package Nov 8, received email Dec 4 from Tesla Lawrence that my order is being shipped and is expected before the end of the month. The Tire Storage Guys will contact me and "arrange a mobile visit (within GTA)". Doesn't present an issue for me since I live within GTA but I know others have had issues with arranging install so Tesla should be upfront with that on their site before order is placed.

Sorry, I did not agree your comments. In Online web site there is no mention of on site installation at all. All it says is to install at Tesla service center and asking to choose one. So when ordering ,ppl shall expect to be installed at service center. If out side GTA, they shall expect that they need travel to GTA area.

Tire Order.jpg
Sorry, I did not agree your comments. In Online web site there is no mention of on site installation at all. All it says is to install at Tesla service center and asking to choose one. So when ordering ,ppl shall expect to be installed at service center. If out side GTA, they shall expect that they need travel to GTA area.
Not sure what you do not agree about in my comment (unless you believe the Tesla site is accurate then yeah we would have a difference of opinion) but overall I believe we are saying more or less the same thing. Tesla site requires clarity on what is actually taking place. I believe they actually state that they are being installed at the service center when you finalize your order. So very misleading and leads to confusion about what is actually taking place since the install won't be at a SC.

Last edited:
Random tire swap question: any time I've changed my tires at Costco, they give you instructions to come back after driving 40km or so to have the tires re-tightened. No such warning from Tire Change guys, and person who installed it had not heard of any such instructions... is this necessary or does Costco do it as a CYA approach? Should I be concerned?

Ordered Nov 7, installation booked tomorrow at bunttonvile airport 2:30PM . May be because I am close to them. They did not mention on site service just ask me to get there to be installed.
I’m about as close as you can get to Buttonville Airport. Came to my house a few Saturdays ago and not sure they were doing sundays at that time. Might be better since the at home window is about 4 hours. Don’t think I can fit 4 tires in the trunk/frunk but didn’t have to try. :D

Last edited:
Random tire swap question: any time I've changed my tires at Costco, they give you instructions to come back after driving 40km or so to have the tires re-tightened. No such warning from Tire Change guys, and person who installed it had not heard of any such instructions... is this necessary or does Costco do it as a CYA approach? Should I be concerned?
Retorquing the wheels shortly after installing is a common practice I hear recommended. I suppose they can sometimes need re-adjustment after they are initially installed and the only way to know for sure is to have the torque rechecked.