Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tires Install Process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try scheduling Mobile Service to have them installed.

The tires are shipped to the center and then they will contact when ready. I was just wondering about how to transport them.

The tires are naturally dirty even if you clean them, so should be wrapped in something ideally. Guess I'll need to bring a blanket for the back seat just in case they don't provide anything.

The tires are shipped to the center and then they will contact when ready. I was just wondering about how to transport them.

The tires are naturally dirty even if you clean them, so should be wrapped in something ideally. Guess I'll need to bring a blanket for the back seat just in case they don't provide anything.

Yes they are Delivered and mounted at Delivery Center. Then you can schedule an appointment at the SC to install or Schedule a Mobile Appointment and they will bring them out and put them on your car.

Seems like a no brainer.

Mobile Service just Delivered my Snow tires that I bought from Tesla Online. Never had to shove Snows or Summers in my car or even drive to service center, no waiting, no tote bags, nothing. I even scheduled it ahead so I wouldn’t have to wait for an appointment once they arrived. They bumped the appointment twice because they were not in yet. But then they were in and they just showed up. I wanted to install myself so he just left them for me. Couldn’t be happier with the service.

I like to clean wheels inside and out when I swap, label which wheel they came off. Takes all of an hour (most of it cleaning). I also can wait till the day or two before the first snow storm to minimize snow tire miles and avoid the long waits at tire shops or service center. Not to mention my labor is free.

Last edited:
I was expecting it to go wrong. I don't really want them for another few weeks.

You don't need them in Mississippi do you?

No. Not in Mississippi. I’m more than okay with waiting maybe another 2 weeks. But the lack of clear communication, estimate, and ignoring cancellation requests are all typical Tesla issues. And there’s no excuse to this behavior by them. $2100 isn’t exactly a small amount.

Anyway, I just filed a dispute for that amount. Let Apple deal with them.

I have been waiting almost two months to get winter tires from Tesla. Is that normal? Snow is almost here. And they’ve been unresponsive to my cancellation request.

Ordered Oct 17th. Tesla Mobile Delivered them Nov 20th. They had all intentions to install them but I asked they just leave them.

This was for Model X snows. I forget what estimate said (if any). It was impossible getting status on them. I think they sit at delivery center unmounted for a while. I also bought rims from Tesla before and got tires else where. I got 19” Model 3 rims from Tesla in 2 day’s. Getting mint Aero’s take offs is a breeze to find for Model 3.

I think scheduling Mobile appt helped speed things up. I put the Order number in the appt. they pushed appt out twice a week at a time.