TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Winter Wheel and Tire Package Delivery Time?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by arts711, Nov 15, 2019.

1. arts711

arts711 New Member

Hi everyone,

Was hoping some people had experience with this to comment. I ordered the m3's official winter tire and wheel package off the website and other than the initial confirmation, I haven't gotten any updates other than it could take up to 15 days (which was a few days ago). Does anyone know how long this typically takes and is there anyway to reach someone more helpful than just emailing that address that goes into a black hole of Tesla support?

Thanks for the responses.

2. flyingowl

flyingowl Member

Sometimes waiting period is 1-2 months if it's gets close to the winter times. Try give them a call.

3. John G Upstate

Ordered online: October 25
    Delivered to Service Center: Nov 13
    Installed on car by service center: Nov 14

4. holmgang

holmgang Member

there pretty much consumables

if you want oem, quite sure you can find oem wheels 2nd hand, then order new tires from tirerack or discounttire

5. arts711

arts711 New Member

who would I call cuz the service center said they had no visibility and calling the tesla line is just a bunch of computers?

6. arts711

arts711 New Member

interesting, I was just a few days after that, kinda surprised its that different

7. HyperionMark

HyperionMark Member

Ordered Oct 21. Got a call about a week ago that they still need to ship them to the center where the mobile technician works (in Fargo). Then he will eventually schedule something with me. So it will likely be well over a month when I get them installed. Probably an extreme case since I live in the boonies.

8. Cold Dave

Cold Dave Member

I ordered the 18" winter tire package on Nov 7th and took delivery of the car the following week. At delivery it sounded like the tires would be there within the week... Since then I have not been able to get any sort of update from Tesla.

(Oakville, ON service center)

9. HyperionMark

HyperionMark Member

Still waiting and it's been about 6 weeks.

10. Cold Dave

Cold Dave Member

I've found a local source for the tires (Michelin X-ICE) that can get them in a couple of days. I'm going to try and cancel the order with Tesla and have the local source install the tires on my existing rims.

(In the spring I'll probably get a second set of rims for the tires that came with the car)

11. pwykes

pwykes Member

Ordered mine about two weeks ago. Got notified today that they arrived at the service center.

12. acarney

acarney Member

Got my car around the end of the first week of August. Ordered a second set of wheels at the end of August. Started sourcing a set of wheels on my own by the end of September and received them early October. I called Tesla to cancel my wheel order at that time and then got a text message around Oct 20th that said my wheels had reached the service center and did I still want to set up an install time...

Spokane, WA service center (though ordered via the Seattle location because Spokane didn't have a phone at the time)

So wait time would have been about 8 weeks if I hadn't found my own...

• Informative x 1
  13. ivy_

ivy_ Member

6 weeks in. Getting anxious

14. BrakeDome

BrakeDome Member

Took about 4 weeks from when I ordered till they were installed.

15. HyperionMark

HyperionMark Member

Seems to be places where there is greater demand for winter tires are seeing the biggest delays. If it's another 3 or 4 weeks before they get installed I'm likely cancelling my order.

16. Mr. Michael

Mr. Michael Member

Ordered them right after I ordered my car (1st week of November) because winter is serious here. Order put on hold because no VIN. Got the VIN on Nov 23, and order was released the next day. They were already installed at the service center when I took delivery on 12/2. Kudos to the Highland Park service center for taking care of me! Needed them towards the end of the 250 mile drive north to get home.

• Like x 1
  17. Cold Dave

Cold Dave Member

Yesterday, I emailed to cancel my order with Tesla - today I get a call that they have arrived at the service center and they can be installed this weekend.

Conincidence?

Anyways - assuming the install happens this weekend it will be just a hair over 4 weeks since I ordered.

18. sa012

sa012 Member

let us know if the tires are Sottozero 3s or 2s. Couple people have reported getting the 3s recently. Thx

19. Bentesling

Bentesling Member

I ordered a set from Colorado (Littleton) last month. They Called and told me they were in already. The next day they called back and said they were VIN tagged to another car, and apologized that it was not actually my set of wheels and tires. Two more weeks later I had still not received the order. I requested a cancellation and refund three times. They did eventually refund within seven days, so not horrible. I bought tires elsewhere, and a set of wheels from this for him instead. Best of luck if you’re in a snowy state.