Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Wheel and Tire Package Delivery Time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Was hoping some people had experience with this to comment. I ordered the m3's official winter tire and wheel package off the website and other than the initial confirmation, I haven't gotten any updates other than it could take up to 15 days (which was a few days ago). Does anyone know how long this typically takes and is there anyway to reach someone more helpful than just emailing that address that goes into a black hole of Tesla support?

Thanks for the responses.

Hi everyone,

Was hoping some people had experience with this to comment. I ordered the m3's official winter tire and wheel package off the website and other than the initial confirmation, I haven't gotten any updates other than it could take up to 15 days (which was a few days ago). Does anyone know how long this typically takes and is there anyway to reach someone more helpful than just emailing that address that goes into a black hole of Tesla support?

Thanks for the responses.

Sometimes waiting period is 1-2 months if it's gets close to the winter times. Try give them a call.

Ordered Oct 21. Got a call about a week ago that they still need to ship them to the center where the mobile technician works (in Fargo). Then he will eventually schedule something with me. So it will likely be well over a month when I get them installed. Probably an extreme case since I live in the boonies.

I ordered the 18" winter tire package on Nov 7th and took delivery of the car the following week. At delivery it sounded like the tires would be there within the week... Since then I have not been able to get any sort of update from Tesla.

(Oakville, ON service center)

I've found a local source for the tires (Michelin X-ICE) that can get them in a couple of days. I'm going to try and cancel the order with Tesla and have the local source install the tires on my existing rims.

(In the spring I'll probably get a second set of rims for the tires that came with the car)

Got my car around the end of the first week of August. Ordered a second set of wheels at the end of August. Started sourcing a set of wheels on my own by the end of September and received them early October. I called Tesla to cancel my wheel order at that time and then got a text message around Oct 20th that said my wheels had reached the service center and did I still want to set up an install time...

Spokane, WA service center (though ordered via the Seattle location because Spokane didn't have a phone at the time)

So wait time would have been about 8 weeks if I hadn't found my own...

• Informative
Reactions: neilalexalover
Ordered them right after I ordered my car (1st week of November) because winter is serious here. Order put on hold because no VIN. Got the VIN on Nov 23, and order was released the next day. They were already installed at the service center when I took delivery on 12/2. Kudos to the Highland Park service center for taking care of me! Needed them towards the end of the 250 mile drive north to get home.

Reactions: HyperionMark
Yesterday, I emailed to cancel my order with Tesla - today I get a call that they have arrived at the service center and they can be installed this weekend.

Conincidence?

Anyways - assuming the install happens this weekend it will be just a hair over 4 weeks since I ordered.

Yesterday, I emailed to cancel my order with Tesla - today I get a call that they have arrived at the service center and they can be installed this weekend.

Conincidence?

Anyways - assuming the install happens this weekend it will be just a hair over 4 weeks since I ordered.

let us know if the tires are Sottozero 3s or 2s. Couple people have reported getting the 3s recently. Thx

I ordered a set from Colorado (Littleton) last month. They Called and told me they were in already. The next day they called back and said they were VIN tagged to another car, and apologized that it was not actually my set of wheels and tires. Two more weeks later I had still not received the order. I requested a cancellation and refund three times. They did eventually refund within seven days, so not horrible. I bought tires elsewhere, and a set of wheels from this for him instead. Best of luck if you’re in a snowy state.

let us know if the tires are Sottozero 3s or 2s. Couple people have reported getting the 3s recently. Thx

Tires installed today. Great service experience- in and out in 20 minutes!

... And yes they are the Sottozero 3.
IMG_20191207_113240.jpg

BTW this would have been so much less painful if Tesla if Tesla just said upfront "delivery in 4-6 weeks" as opposed to making it seem that I was buying something that was in stock.