Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Wheel and Tire Package Delivery Time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW this would have been so much less painful if Tesla if Tesla just said upfront "delivery in 4-6 weeks" as opposed to making it seem that I was buying something that was in stock.

Agreed, and I don’t like how they charged my card right after I ordered rather than when the parts actually shipped.

Also, check the torque on the lug nuts, mine was good on 3 of the 4 wheels, I had to torque down quite a bit more on the last one.

Reactions: Cold Dave
Well, after several people promising me the wheels/tires would be delivered and installed to me by the mobile service team (I live 4 hours away from a Service Center), they have now changed their tune. I would have to go to pick them up at a Service Center and then have them installed by a Mobile Service member, which makes no sense at all. So I'm cancelling the order. Kind of a disaster.

Got an 18" winter tire package last weekend (1/11)... just in time for some record setting high temps (21C).

Ordered Nov 11th. Never got a message from Service Center. After six weeks, I tried replying to online orders to ask status. After a week of no word, I tried tesla.com's Contact Us. No word.

Finally did what I should have done on week #2: just make a service appointment on phone app.

They kept the car for about 36hrs, but at one point the phone app implied it was going to be five days. Uber credits expired after about 24hrs :( But they nicely wrapped up my original wheels in the covers I brought, neatly packed them in the back, and made a couple preemptive replacements (charge pin fronts and frunk latch). :)

Two months of waiting, plus four days w/o Uber credits, would have been okay if it included FSD-HW3, but no joy yet. :/

Reactions: mswlogo
Got an 18" winter tire package last weekend (1/11)... just in time for some record setting high temps (21C).

Ordered Nov 11th. Never got a message from Service Center. After six weeks, I tried replying to online orders to ask status. After a week of no word, I tried tesla.com's Contact Us. No word.

Finally did what I should have done on week #2: just make a service appointment on phone app.

They kept the car for about 36hrs, but at one point the phone app implied it was going to be five days. Uber credits expired after about 24hrs :( But they nicely wrapped up my original wheels in the covers I brought, neatly packed them in the back, and made a couple preemptive replacements (charge pin fronts and frunk latch). :)

Two months of waiting, plus four days w/o Uber credits, would have been okay if it included FSD-HW3, but no joy yet. :/

Yeah, scheduling an appointment helps nudge things along. I schedule a mobile appointment 2 weeks after ordering. They bumped the appointment twice. But they were installed within 30 days of ordering them.

Pretty steamed about my order. Placed on 10/1. Finally told my email from store that they were at the Service Center on 11/19. Soonest I could get an install appointment was 12/26. On 12/24 (Xmas Eve!) I get an email from the SC that they did -not- get the set. I showed up 12/26 anyway to talk to an actual human, since the phone-tree will never connect you to Service, and was told that although my order was properly placed with the store, the store never ordered them shipped to the SC. So, we've got at the very best, some world grade incompetence, and possible some lying (maybe both.) Right now I'm trying to get further update from either the store or SC.

Pretty steamed about my order. Placed on 10/1. Finally told my email from store that they were at the Service Center on 11/19. Soonest I could get an install appointment was 12/26. On 12/24 (Xmas Eve!) I get an email from the SC that they did -not- get the set. I showed up 12/26 anyway to talk to an actual human, since the phone-tree will never connect you to Service, and was told that although my order was properly placed with the store, the store never ordered them shipped to the SC. So, we've got at the very best, some world grade incompetence, and possible some lying (maybe both.) Right now I'm trying to get further update from either the store or SC.
That sucks! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I was basically to that place myself so I just decided to cancel the order. Luckily the cancellation did go through fairly quickly. Although as far as we are into winter I decided to go without this year. Will definitely go with a local tire shop next year.

Just got a call from Littleton Service Center and am scheduled to get them installed tomorrow at 9am!

I really recommend not getting the Tesla winter tires. They are nowhere as good on snow as the winter tires that I have on my other vehicles. If you look at the tread, it's tame compared to standard winter tires. They seem to be "performance winter tires". I don't care about taking curves at 80mph in dry conditions--I want traction on snow! I bet other brand winter tires will be better.

I really recommend not getting the Tesla winter tires. They are nowhere as good on snow as the winter tires that I have on my other vehicles. If you look at the tread, it's tame compared to standard winter tires. They seem to be "performance winter tires". I don't care about taking curves at 80mph in dry conditions--I want traction on snow! I bet other brand winter tires will be better.
Recent reports are that Tesla is now providing Pirelli Sott 3's which are much better than the previous Sott 2's. I'm using Sott 3's on my BMW now and they seem pretty good, no?

just curious if you ended up saving money... adding up the wheels, Tirerack, TPMS, install costs, etc... seems like $2000 is pretty good, but if you didn't spend more than $2000, maybe Tesla's nonsense (and unpredictability) is worth avoiding.

I spent a grand total of $2,901.44 w/ used wheels vs. $4,290.00 at Tesla for the performance tire package. Saved a grand plus I actually have the tires vs. nothing.