Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wireless charging pad poor performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Samsung S20+ with the Spigen Tough Armor Designed case on it. When I have the case on, it will not wirelessly charge on the Tesla charger. However, on my CHOETECH Wireless Charger on my nightstand, the phone charges fine WITH the case on. Can someone please explain why this happens? Would the Jeda wireless pad work better?

I have a Samsung S20+ with the Spigen Tough Armor Designed case on it. When I have the case on, it will not wirelessly charge on the Tesla charger. However, on my CHOETECH Wireless Charger on my nightstand, the phone charges fine WITH the case on. Can someone please explain why this happens? Would the Jeda wireless pad work better?
The lip/ledge where the phone rests when placed with a case does not allow the phone to sit against the magnet. Remove the case and the phone slides lower into the lip and will charge fine. They sell spacers to increase that space which may solve your issue.

The lip/ledge where the phone rests when placed with a case does not allow the phone to sit against the magnet. Remove the case and the phone slides lower into the lip and will charge fine. They sell spacers to increase that space which may solve your issue.

I can confirm this. I purchased a spacer on ebay $13 and haven't had the problem since on my s10+ with otterbox case.

There’s a YouTube video out there comparing the Tesla against some of the more popular ones. When I got the new 3 with the Tesla one included I didn’t put my TapTes back in from the other older 3.

I prefer the Tesla model.