Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wireless charging pad poor performance?

ACAG

Aug 14, 2019
New york
I have a Samsung S20+ with the Spigen Tough Armor Designed case on it. When I have the case on, it will not wirelessly charge on the Tesla charger. However, on my CHOETECH Wireless Charger on my nightstand, the phone charges fine WITH the case on. Can someone please explain why this happens? Would the Jeda wireless pad work better?

PatinCT

Mar 24, 2020
CT
I got the Taptes version and it works for my Note 9 with a good Spigen case.... but you'll need 4-5 week for the shipping to get it to you

newtnyc

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2020
East
I have a Samsung S20+ with the Spigen Tough Armor Designed case on it. When I have the case on, it will not wirelessly charge on the Tesla charger. However, on my CHOETECH Wireless Charger on my nightstand, the phone charges fine WITH the case on. Can someone please explain why this happens? Would the Jeda wireless pad work better?
The lip/ledge where the phone rests when placed with a case does not allow the phone to sit against the magnet. Remove the case and the phone slides lower into the lip and will charge fine. They sell spacers to increase that space which may solve your issue.

M0del Yada

Jun 23, 2020
Florida
The lip/ledge where the phone rests when placed with a case does not allow the phone to sit against the magnet. Remove the case and the phone slides lower into the lip and will charge fine. They sell spacers to increase that space which may solve your issue.

I can confirm this. I purchased a spacer on ebay $13 and haven't had the problem since on my s10+ with otterbox case.

Oct 11, 2018
Can you give me good descrption to find it on ebay?

Oct 11, 2018

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
There’s a YouTube video out there comparing the Tesla against some of the more popular ones. When I got the new 3 with the Tesla one included I didn’t put my TapTes back in from the other older 3.

I prefer the Tesla model.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC