TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Wireless Phone Charger

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Chancellor32, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Chancellor32

Chancellor32 Member

My wireless phone charger is arriving today and apparently its cheaper than the $65 it was listed for, Tesla sent me a credit for $16! Has this happened to anyone else yet that ordered it?

2. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Perhaps this is why it got pulled from the store? Let us know how you like it. I'd like to buy one and figure out if there is a place in the car to stick it.

3. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Back on the Tesla Store tonight.
    Placed my order.
    $49 allow 3-4 weeks
    Black or White.
    2D8893D3-94F1-41DF-9283-B3C3E758E737.jpeg

• Like x 1
  4. zoeconner

zoeconner Member

What is this used for?

5. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

with the Tesla Wireless Phone Charger. Simply set your Qi-enabled phone on the inductive charging pad and let your phone charge up without any cables. Housed in a sleek, high-gloss case, the Tesla Wireless Charger embodies the same design language used across Tesla Energy products in a pocket-sized package. In addition to wireless charging, the Tesla Wireless Phone Charger also doubles as a standard wired powerbank using the USB-A output port and either your own USB cable or the integrated USB-C cable which fits flush around the outside edge of the charger for easy storage.

Available in Black and White. Qi Certified and compatible with all inductive charging capable smartphones.

Charge Wirelessly: Set your Qi enabled phone on the wireless base. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to activate wireless charging

Charge On the Go: Plug your phone into the integrated USB-C cable. For non USB-C ports, use the USB-A port to plug in any USB-A charging cable

Charge the Internal Battery: Use the built in USB-A cable to charge your Wireless Charger from any USB port.

Features

21 hours additional talk time

18 hours additional surfing time

Battery capacity: Lithium-ion polymer 6000mAh

Watt hours: 22.2Wh

Input charging: 5V/2A

Removable USB cable (USB-C to USB-A) and 1 USB-A Port

Output charging:

-Wireless charging: 5W

-Wired charging: 5V/1.5A

6. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

7. Chancellor32

Chancellor32 Member

Sold my first one for $150, bought two more before they sold out again lol

8. Danny_

Danny_ Member

Sigh it kinda sucks having an iPhone 7 since it doesn't have wireless charging, otherwise I need to get a different phone case for it but the Morphie ones dont have a lightport on them and the ones from apple are weird looking and both of them dont offer great drop protection :( Wired it is I guess

9. mikey23

mikey23 Member

Anyone have pics of using this? Having a hard time picturing where exactly this fits in the car.

10. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

#10 Daniellane, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    I think it’s just basically a battery with a built-in wireless charging pad

11. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

12. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

It’s not designed to fit in a car specifically, although it might be possible to lay it down in the center console.

13. zoeconner

zoeconner Member

I wished they would of made this a little more usefull for the car. I need a really good option for wireless charging any ideas for 18 MS?

14. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

15. zoeconner

zoeconner Member

I really do like that but I use the cup holders way too much.

16. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

The tray is removable, but being that it is wired not sure where you can easily place it if you have a passenger in the seat. The power cord is 3 feet long, so you do have some slack. I’m getting my integrated console installed next week hopefully, so I’ll be able to test it out. Unlike you, I don’t use the cup holders much.

17. zoeconner

zoeconner Member

Yep I went ahead and ordered one to try. Thanks

18. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I just got a 2018 loaner with the integrated console (while my car is in the SC getting the integrated console and some fixes done) and I can confirm, I really do like the Topfit Qi Storage Tray. It looks great and it's easy to remove to gain access to the cupholders. The wire is long enough where you can move the tray to the cubby shelf underneath the LCD screen (if you don't have a drawer) or you can rest it on the top of the flip door.

I like this so much, I am thinking of not even bothering purchasing a ProClip as it tends to make the center space more crowded.

• Like x 1