Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wont pay up in Austria.....[ issues with paying for trade in]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea what is going on, but Tesla is not paying for my KIA EV Soul that they took, officially, on trade in. I got my TM3 LR, great. All good. They took my 2016 KIA EV Soul for 11K, off papers done, great. Then the money never came. Then when I asked about it, the head of Sales in Graz Austria, Silvio, said they take 14 work days to pay. Then the 14th day came and no money. Then he said that he needs an official document that I am the owner of my bank account. Sounds like BS to me, but I got him the doc. Then the guy Silvio says that he needs 14 more work days to pay me. How can I escalate this game playing, and get my cash? Or better to contact a lawyer and just sue?

Most times money on a trade in vehicle is applied to the purchase of the new vehicle. It sounds like you are expecting a check from them for some positive equity or something, instead of that being applied to the new vehicle.

Its none of our business what the financing was for your car, but any delays can likely be tracked back to wanting something other than "apply money to the new car purchase".

There is no other escalation path that we are aware of, so the answer to your question of "how can I escalate this game playing and get my cash" is " back to the same person you are dealing with, there is no other. You can get a lawyer etc, but that is going to likely cost you money as well unless you have a lawyer that will work for free.

Reactions: theocguy