Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla won't sell me a 90 kWh pack unless I give them my old pack for 12% market value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. They circled back and, in addition to just battery replacement/repair, are offering an extended range battery option. How many car manufacturers go back and offer upgrades to customers with older cars?

At the risk of going OT, I heard the Roadster updates are for v1.5+ only? Are there many < v1.5 Roadsters? (Not sure) Was originally for 2.0+.

Hmm. I actually just had this conversation on Monday with someone at Tesla and was told it was 1.5+. So either they had outdated info, incorrect info, or you have incorrect info. Both can't be right. :p

They have outdated info. Plenty of people with early Roadsters have put deposits down now on the upgrade. Not going to argue, facts are facts. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You may be confused because there are no known 1.0s (those were upgraded to 1.5s years ago). So if someone told you 1.5s are now included, they were telling you that 100% of all Roadsters are covered.

They have outdated info. Plenty of people with early Roadsters have put deposits down now on the upgrade. Not going to argue, facts are facts. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You may be confused because there are no known 1.0s (those were upgraded to 1.5s years ago). So if someone told you 1.5s are now included, they were telling you that 100% of all Roadsters are covered.

Sounds like a plan. Admittedly, my Roadster knowledge is not as extensive as with the Model S.