Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla worker filmed sleeping while on autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That doesn’t look like a sleeping position, slumped forward like that. Could be anything, from passing out due to a medical condition to trying to pick something up off the floor.

The other question is was the person taking the video the driver? That’s probably as dangerous if they themselves don’t have AP engaged.

You make a great point. I didn't even think about that. Its pretty F'ed up the person recording the video is more interested in getting a story instead of maybe driving up to the person and honking the horn to try and wake that person up. Therefore making the street a better place to be on but people will be people.

I've done that notebook thing, but it's not what you'd think, and I put it in the passenger seat.

You use to collect data logs. You park, pick your parameters, hit start, then drive your tests. When the test is done, you pull over, save the file, and prep the next test. If on the track, you need a hard mount for the notebook, if allowed at all.

Something super fishy about all this.
I thought I replied earlier, but cannot find it.
Get your big screen going and look closely from 3/4 on. There is a blurry rectangle between the driver face and the wheel. Looks Photoshopped right where the arms would be. The blur is a nice rectangle that cuts part of the steering wheel and the door trim.
Also, I have not seen this poor quality video from any recent phone.

I thought I replied earlier, but cannot find it.
Get your big screen going and look closely from 3/4 on. There is a blurry rectangle between the driver face and the wheel. Looks Photoshopped right where the arms would be. The blur is a nice rectangle that cuts part of the steering wheel and the door trim.
Also, I have not seen this poor quality video from any recent phone.
I thought that was an open laptop... unless you are referring to something else.

Reactions: croman
Yea, that's a laptop screen. The guy is slouched over. It looks medical rather than just normal sleep. Otherwise he's very very deeply asleep. AP chirps without input and eventually the car would stop, so this couldn't be a situation where someone was that deeply asleep.

I see now you are correct, a laptop blocking the arms to the steering wheel. And they are certainly looking in their lap.
Dropped a hot dog in her lap?

[Moderator note (bmah): Removing an inappropriate and borderline NSFW image/video.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've painted images of eyeballs on the outside of his closed eyelids.

Obviously you do one eye at a time :)

Of course then everyone worries about your thousand yard stare...

"Tesla is employing the undead! Sell immediately!"