Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla worker filmed sleeping while on autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be sleeping. Could also have lost consciousness due to medical condition - hypoglycemia, seizure, syncope, etc. Normally, this causes people to wreck their car. Also see this with heroin overdose, alcohol intoxication, etc - which obviously kills tens of thousands a year. Hope the driver is well. Glad he was on AP so he didn't hurt someone else.

That dude is so fired.

I completely agreed. This person is most likely going to be fired by the company since they are trying to stay out of the spot light and this video doesn't show responsible use of auto-pilot. Things like this make me mad to see since I am so close to getting my own Tesla and want the same features everyone is benefiting from before the government imposes there own sanctions (just being paranoid).

That doesn’t look like a sleeping position, slumped forward like that. Could be anything, from passing out due to a medical condition to trying to pick something up off the floor.

The other question is was the person taking the video the driver? That’s probably as dangerous if they themselves don’t have AP engaged.

Reactions: Snobun and daktari
That doesn’t look like a sleeping position, slumped forward like that. Could be anything, from passing out due to a medical condition to trying to pick something up off the floor.

The other question is was the person taking the video the driver? That’s probably as dangerous if they themselves don’t have AP engaged.

That's exactly what I use AP for - texting, taking selfies, and taking videos