TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Working Semi Customers to Build On-Site Megachargers

Discussion in 'Semi' started by TMC Staff, Feb 2, 2018.

1. TMC Staff

Tesla is working with companies that have placed the largest orders for Tesla Semis to develop and install charging stations at their facilities, according to Reuters. According to the report, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and United Parcel Service are among the companies working with Tesla on the development of the charing stations. “The chargers, presumably Tesla’s ultra-high...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

• Love x 1
  2. Rowan256

Rowan256 Member

I hope they will also make something like this possible for taxi compagnies as well, I think that in my country some taxi compagnies are big enough to buy their own superchargers for a fair price if Tesla allows them to. Even stronger, if Tesla doesn't allow the taxi drivers in my country to supercharge any more (which they seem to do so), I sadly, but genuinly doubt weather it's more profitable for them to stop driving electric and go back to diesel in the future again. This because without supercharging they have to wait so long, especially in the winter, that it's more profitable for them to throw 100 dollars away in their tank and continue driving in 10 minits, instead of slowcharging for 2 hours.

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

From what I understand, if you order a certain number car cars, you are given the opportunity to buy your own supercharger.

4. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

I wonder who I call...

5. Brando

Brando Member

Most cost estimates for superchargers show minimum $100,000 up to $250,000 or more?
    Just call Tesla. They will get you the contact info.