Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla would like your help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, hybrids and EVs get to go in the HOV lane during rush hour, AND the toll variable toll lane on 95 for free! For a regular commuter to downtown Miami, that's probably worth a couple hundred bucks a year!! Ok, not much an "incentive", but it's all we've got!

That's the "Miami" incentive....we don't have any HOV lanes over here and we have to pay our tolls in full....:mad:

I just mailed some information about a rather well hidden incentive in Aachen, Germany to them. The public services company offers 500€ for anyone buying an EV and free juice from their charging points in the city until the end of 2012. Which will likely not matter to Model S buyers, but it's the thought that counts, right?
Details are available (in German) here: Förderprogramme: Ladenetz Stawag

Edit: This programme is available for their customers only. Which is most people in the city, tho.

Hey, hybrids and EVs get to go in the HOV lane during rush hour, AND the toll variable toll lane on 95 for free! For a regular commuter to downtown Miami, that's probably worth a couple hundred bucks a year!! Ok, not much an "incentive", but it's all we've got!

Hi, Do the EVs have to be "in-state" registered, or are visiting EVs allowed free toll on 95 as well? Do I need a sticker or something?

Hi, Do the EVs have to be "in-state" registered, or are visiting EVs allowed free toll on 95 as well? Do I need a sticker or something?

Reference Florida Statutes 316.0741:
The vehicle must display a Florida Division of Motor Vehicles issued decal, which is renewed annually.....The fees are $5.00 for an annual decal, $10.00 for a biennial decal, and a $.70
mail fee for either decal....The decal expires on your date of birth and must be renewed annually or biennially

Looks like you can't do it for an out-of-state car: http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/83027.pdf

STATE OF FLORIDA
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY AND MOTOR VEHICLES
DIVISION OF MOTORIST SERVICES
SUBMIT THIS FORM TO YOUR LOCAL TAX COLLECTOR OFFICE
Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles