Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X dead, charger stuck, doors won't open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a reserve at the bottom of the battery; given how quickly it came roaring back once there was 12V applied, I'd be wholly unconcerned with the battery health.

@Jobra Cmdr - Deepest condolences on your father's passing.

That said, at least once before you make a final decision on the car's disposition, may I suggest you take it out for a good, hearty test drive? Punch the accelerator and let it fly... it's a fun car to drive. Might change your feeling on its fate ....

Thank you.

I did take it for a spin and had been in it before. I WISH I could afford to keep it. The monthly lease is 150% of my mortgage haha. Its also a family company vehicle, so it's all complicated.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Thank you.

I did take it for a spin and had been in it before. I WISH I could afford to keep it. The monthly lease is 150% of my mortgage haha. Its also a family company vehicle, so it's all complicated.

Completely understood, and likely why it was registered to the family company. There's a great business deduction available on the Model X because it has a gross weight over 6000 pounds. Essentially you can depreciate the entire thing in its first year. Huge benefit but complex; need a good accountant to understand it all.

Best of luck unwinding it all, and again, terribly sorry for your loss.