Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X deliveries halted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
My pickup date was today, April 3rd, at 4PM. At around 1:30 PM today I noticed in the app that the pickup date got pushed backed to April 15, 2022 at 4PM. I called the Fremont delivery center and was told they are holding X deliveries waiting on a software patch, and the delivery date may move earlier or later.

Has anyone else had their deliver pushed back because of this issue?

I went Fremont to change loan because I got vin today and delivery date is 04/04-04/07. However, the sales congratulated me that I will get my deliver around 04/15. I asked isn’t it next few days, they said they need the inspect it and the date in the app is not accurate…

I went Fremont to change loan because I got vin today and delivery date is 04/04-04/07. However, the sales congratulated me that I will get my deliver around 04/15. I asked isn’t it next few days, they said they need the inspect it and the date in the app is not accurate…
Thanks for confirming the information. I guess something is going on. Maybe they had a bad batch was created in the end of Q1 rush. At any rate, I prefer to wait a bit and get a car without issues.

Thanks for confirming the information. I guess something is going on. Maybe they had a bad batch was created in the end of Q1 rush. At any rate, I prefer to wait a bit and get a car without issues.

I was JUST assigned a new VIN today that is probably a day older than the X I just rejected last week. So now they're going to try and give me an MXP after the 15th that was made nearly a month earlier.

Reactions: FirstInTown
I was JUST assigned a new VIN today that is probably a day older than the X I just rejected last week. So now they're going to try and give me an MXP after the 15th that was made nearly a month earlier.
So your delivery date is after the 15th?

FWIW, according to the app, I am getting the exact vehicle on the 15th (the VIN has not changed) I was supposed to pick up yesterday.

Must be a serious issue they are fixing. Or maybe we will get lucky and they are installing matrix headlights.

It may be that Tesla's shifting around with different digital elements of the vehicles requires some software development to make it actually work. They are producing cars, when others aren't. But it sounds like they're using multiple different kinds of controllers (and multipurpose controllers) for functions within the vehicles. Fortunately they can do over the air updates, so they can get away with it. But it does seem to make for an interesting set of delays, etc.

It may be that Tesla's shifting around with different digital elements of the vehicles requires some software development to make it actually work. They are producing cars, when others aren't. But it sounds like they're using multiple different kinds of controllers (and multipurpose controllers) for functions within the vehicles. Fortunately they can do over the air updates, so they can get away with it. But it does seem to make for an interesting set of delays, etc.
Possibly. I heard Tesla was using and programming microcontrollers instead of relying on outside OEM built packages like the legacy car makers for many functions. But, there is a limit to the scope of changes they can make over the air. I wonder if they also had to swap components to support the new requirements.

Reactions: henderrj
The delivery date has been a moving target. Until mid-March I had a delivery date estimate of July 2022 but then around March 20th, I was assigned a VIN and given a delivery window of March 25-31st. Since March 25th, the delivery window has been shifting every day by a day or so. For example today it is April 5-9th and yesterday it was April 4th-8th. Basically I wake up every morning to see the window sliding by a day. Not sure what is going on. How do you guys contact your delivery person? I have found it to be more of a black hole with random folks texting here and there but no dedicated person. This would be our 5th Tesla purchase and the process has been equally opaque every single time.
(Btw mine MX is a June 2021 order, 6 seater long range config)

The delivery date has been a moving target. Until mid-March I had a delivery date estimate of July 2022 but then around March 20th, I was assigned a VIN and given a delivery window of March 25-31st. Since March 25th, the delivery window has been shifting every day by a day or so. For example today it is April 5-9th and yesterday it was April 4th-8th. Basically I wake up every morning to see the window sliding by a day. Not sure what is going on. How do you guys contact your delivery person? I have found it to be more of a black hole with random folks texting here and there but no dedicated person. This would be our 5th Tesla purchase and the process has been equally opaque every single time.
(Btw mine MX is a June 2021 order, 6 seater long range config)
Wow. That is a lot of movement.

Regarding the contact person, I don't think they have anyone dedicated. I have called in about 6 times on the 2022 X order and every time it has been a different person. All except one did exactly what I asked (change the delivery date, change from a purchase to a lease, etc) quickly so I guess their systems are pretty good.

Reactions: noobified
Mine was scheduled on 31st March at 7pm.After waiting in Fremont factory for 4hrs they told me they can not deliver and rescheduled for 20th April
I don’t think this halt delivery issue was known on March 31st and that might have been the normal “overbooking” EoQ, or your car was damaged. I think a couple folks even got delivers on April 1,2 or so. Then suddenly scheduled appts got pushed to April 15th.

I don’t think this halt delivery issue was known on March 31st and that might have been the normal “overbooking” EoQ, or your car was damaged. I think a couple folks even got delivers on April 1,2 or so. Then suddenly scheduled appts got pushed to April 15th.
Hi Atul, all MX's are currently receiving this update and will not be deliverable until this update has completed. It should not take the entire 20 days, just as soon as your new Model X is ready to go we will give you a call! - Tesla Delivery Team

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Hi Atul, all MX's are currently receiving this update and will not be deliverable until this update has completed. It should not take the entire 20 days, just as soon as your new Model X is ready to go we will give you a call! - Tesla Delivery Team
Maybe it was mechanical and some cars got the fix sooner. I like how one member the SA told them it was some feature worth the waiting for. We’re all so gullible because we just want our car, now and will believe the most ludicrous statements from SA’s.

Reactions: croman