Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning Tesla fans, in anticipation of picking up my new X on the 26th I'm looking at the insurance options. So far the best quote is CommInsure, $2221.97 per year insured $162k with $1700 excess. This quote is miles ahead of all the other companies (those that actually offer insurance for Teslas). What do all of you that have MX's in NSW go with? Thanks in advance.

Insurance quotes are as personalized as homemade barbecue sauce. Its matches another person only as unique as you and your credit history, your home city/state/COUNTRY, driving record, age and those are just a handful of the things we know about. You can't depend on a reply here to be better or worse than your own.

Reactions: ARMARM
Thanks Akikiki.....I think. What you have said is super obvious and really hasn't helped me in any way. Maybe a MX owner in NSW might have something more relevant to contribute, for which I'd be very thankful.

EDIT: I'm not trying to sound like a smartass. There has been lots of discussion about M3 insurance and quotes, a lot of people have been comparing quotes and getting lots of good info. I'm trying to get that same info as it pertains to a MX

Last edited:
Thanks Akikiki.....I think. What you have said is super obvious and really hasn't helped me in any way. Maybe a MX owner in NSW might have something more relevant to contribute, for which I'd be very thankful.

EDIT: I'm not trying to sound like a smartass. There has been lots of discussion about M3 insurance and quotes, a lot of people have been comparing quotes and getting lots of good info. I'm trying to get that same info as it pertains to a MX
Insurance. It is that time of the year again.

Also if you type in Insurance X in the search bar above you will get about 2000 hits, or put Australia in as well and it reduces to a manageable level.

Wow that’s fantastic! What value did you put on the car (or agreed value?), and what year?
$180k agreed value, 2019. I received an SMS to follow up with them after I made the post, I just called and they wanted to verify a few details. They also said that there is an additional excess of $1800 as it's a high value vehicle :/ Still, I come out on top after 2 years of premium savings compared to GIO or NRMA.

When I’m at my mother’s, in a flat with no off-street parking at all, I run an extension lead out the side balcony, across the front yard, across two footpaths, out to the kerb, and into my UMC. I have half a dozen rubber mats and three witches hats. There are 4-5 on-street spaces (depending on how well the neighbours park) that I can reach with a single cable. Usually two of those are vacant.

There’s one of those green boxes at the end of the street. I’d be keen to see that converted, but I won’t hold my breath.

Hello sir we are new to this club and picking up tesla model X tomorrow need some tips and help about comprehensive insurance in Nsw any recommendations please

Reactions: Hairyman
Hello sir we are new to this club and picking up tesla model X tomorrow need some tips and help about comprehensive insurance in Nsw any recommendations please
Most likely you will get the best rate if you have multiple, long term policies with the same insurer.
I have my Model S insured with NRMA and whilst the rate went up somewhat this year from $1600 to just over $1900 I think it's a fair rate.
Shop around but talk to your regular insurer too and remind them how much business you have put there way at the same time.
Apart from anything else a long term customer is statistically a better risk.

I actually just changed from Comminsure to Qantas Car Insurance. Comminsure was a good policy, but the max agreed value was $105k. Since I took out the policy a few months ago I have been feeling uneasy about it, if something happens to the car we're going to lose about 30k value because of the lack of agreed value. Qantas Car Insurance agreed value of $130k, and they were about $300 annually cheaper (just over $1,900) after I took the extras for window/glass coverage and choice of repairer, BUT, it was the agreed value that I really cared about.

Hope that helps.