Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X rear wheel / axel thump and vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our 3 week old model X100D has 700 miles on it and we just finished a 238 mile road trip. Starting 100 miles back a thumping wheel noise and corresponding vibration started to develop from the rear left side wheel area. As we got closer home, the vibration got more intense. The behavior is evident starting at 30 MPH and gets more intense as speed increases. My wife climbed into back seat and identified it as coming from rear left wheel.

We thoroughly inspected all 4 tires for rocks, nails and any visible bubbles... nothing appears to be evident.

Unless someone has a suggestion, I will be taking to service center tomorrow morning.

Took it in to service center today. At first they thought it was the foam on the interior of the tire had separated, causing a great imbalance. .. it turned out not to be the case.

Problem is a bad bearing in the universal joint.... will take a day or 2 to replace. They provided a loaner... will see results when I get it back.