Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X: Window tinting, Windshield tinting, Paint Protective Film, Seats wrap film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My quote is $8500 for just exterior full wrap. And a few more $k for seat backs. But there's not much of a choice in SLC area. I was contemplating it when I thought the $8500 was for full exterior XPEL, plus interior seats and thresholds, and a full Modesta coating. But I just can't stomache over 10% of the cost of an already outrageously expensive car (3x my most expensive previous car) just to keep it looking pretty. Guess we'll be scaling back, going to a "tier 2" detailer, or both.

That is way to pricey! I wonder if they just charge these fees when they here Tesla? I mean if someone brought in a Toyota Sienna and wanted a full body wrap I would assume it would be $2k at most. I mean $8500 would cover a decent amount of my M3 purchase

That is way to pricey! I wonder if they just charge these fees when they here Tesla? I mean if someone brought in a Toyota Sienna and wanted a full body wrap I would assume it would be $2k at most. I mean $8500 would cover a decent amount of my M3 purchase
I did get to see his work, and it was superb. I think it's a combination of being able to charge high end prices on expensive cars, and an absolute dearth of comparable competition in the area.

I did get to see his work, and it was superb. I think it's a combination of being able to charge high end prices on expensive cars, and an absolute dearth of comparable competition in the area.

Maybe I should start my own detailing business, if I get four pricey cars a day ($8k * 4 = $32k). If I just get half of that as a profit, $16k per day! That is like over $5 million a year and these detailing places are located in very industrial locations (cheap rent).

I can also sell custom made sunshades :)

The only downside is that $2,500 CA rebate is only applicable for those who make $500k or less per year. (That is why I told my boss to cut my salary in half this year so I can get that $2,500 tax rebate, as a result we are both happy!)

But wait a second...business owners get that $25k hummer rebate. Win Win!!

• Funny
Reactions: BLKMDL3 and yz778
Wrap seats done, Suntek front body bra done.

Happy ending. Great guy, He work straight from 8:30am to 6:45pm with no lunch break and just snack.

One person does all: front window, windshield, front hood and bumper with headlights. and 4 seats mate finished for 2.4K. He will drive to your location and do the job right there so you don't need to wait in an odd waiting room or pickup. In Irvine, I think it's a ok price.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 239
My quote is $8500 for just exterior full wrap. And a few more $k for seat backs. But there's not much of a choice in SLC area. I was contemplating it when I thought the $8500 was for full exterior XPEL, plus interior seats and thresholds, and a full Modesta coating. But I just can't stomache over 10% of the cost of an already outrageously expensive car (3x my most expensive previous car) just to keep it looking pretty. Guess we'll be scaling back, going to a "tier 2" detailer, or both.
8.5K is way too expensive. With that money, you can order the film directly from film factory and import to here then hire someone to do it. The you can start your own wrapping business to finish it. ;)

Happy ending. Great guy, He work straight from 8:30am to 6:45pm with no lunch break and just snack.

One person does all: front window, windshield, front hood and bumper with headlights. and 4 seats mate finished for 2.4K. He will drive to your location and do the job right there so you don't need to wait in an odd waiting room or pickup. In Irvine, I think it's a ok price.

Can you PM me his contact info? I am also in Irvine so he did the full body wrap + tinting + seats for $2,400? Not bad...maybe he can also install my dashcam

Can you also pm me his contact info? Looks great.

Not full body, just front hood and bumper. If you see my photo has circle it. Tint One in Anaheim.

I want to install the dash cam but not start finding solution yet . He can't install it, he's just tint pro. If you found the solution, please share with me. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 239
Not full body, just front hood and bumper. If you see my photo has circle it. Tint One in Anaheim.

I want to install the dash cam but not start finding solution yet . He can't install it, he's just tint pro. If you found the solution, please share with me. Thanks
It will be great if you can share some more pics of the finished work. Does he offer any kind of guarantee like some of the other shops?
Edit: I saw the pics you posted on Yelp, looks like he is very good!

Salt Lake City folks, my wife did a full wrap, including five seat backs, ceramic coating, and window tint at Envision on 4500s and 150w. Honestly, I have never been more happy with a purchase in my life-I know, we must have a pretty boring life. They treated us better than any other wrap company I've used and they took great pride in their work. Call Trevor, an owner at (801)864-7125 and let him know you are a friend of Josh with the the blue Model X. If you want to come see the final results on our blue X, PM us. It looks AMAZING. Also, we went with Suntek instead of Xpel, though they offer both products.

He guarantees to never pick up your phone call when you have a problem . ;)
He told me he's been in the business for 15 years. But I got ditch before a guy worked for garage floor for 20 years so number doenst count.

in fact, the film normally will not have any issue after you inspect the work done. Don't forget to drive outside and inspection under different lighting condition to find the problems.

I will tell you guys if there's problem after 7 days. .. . .

Reactions: ssq
Maybe I should start my own detailing business, if I get four pricey cars a day ($8k * 4 = $32k). If I just get half of that as a profit, $16k per day! That is like over $5 million a year and these detailing places are located in very industrial locations (cheap rent).
I can also sell custom made sunshades :)
I know!! If I can be assured that kind of money can be made and is paid, I will leave my (and force my wife too) high paying tech job and benefits, get trained in doing these installs and go from door to door doing this myself. Not kidding one bit, its pricey as hell! too much money to be made.
Oh and I will be happy working half a year here in SoCal and the rest in Hawaii ;)