Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X without FWD Poll

Would you buy a MX if it didnt have the FWD

• Yes

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 74 48.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Would have to see it first

Votes: 32 20.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, but it's extremely rare, chances are very low I'd say

This is a non-sequitur. The panoramic windshield is independent of the FWD design. They could easily design normal doors and keep the pano windshield. All they would have to do is design a new roof between the B and C pillars and then design a door to fit in the gap.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The question/poll is a really rational one, as we have an 'all quiet' from Tesla on the interior redesign as it concerns the X. Meanwhile plenty of exterior 'previews' from the Model S.
Leading statements from prior earning calls like the 'Fabergé Egg' of cars is most all we have to go on here. No good if you like FWD's.

With Tesla's current focus on big-whole-assembly-line approach changes to manufacturability -- pressed castings in Model Y, all in approach to scaling battery, etc. it is a question of how do you get the Model X out of the niche market and into the mainstream. Essentially keeping the manufacturing price down, maintaining good margins while still having a compelling vehicle in the large crossover segment. Along with keeping the Tesla sizzle of the Model X.
Wondering what will happen next.... complete speculation... FWD's that are cast -- if that could even be a thing, prob. impractical ;-)
It's still about practicality -- with a pivotal metric for Tesla being how high the service center repair Q/A time is, along with customer satisfaction with FWD's.

For me, I really enjoy my X for all the storage in the 5 seater. It's quite remarkable what you can fit inside. As well as access. The FWD's make easy loading / unloading unlike most cars. (I don't speak for the 6 -7 fixed seat folks) My referrals went with the X for the same reason. The upscale crossover segment is alive and well... just have to get the owner experience higher & sell more of them.

Anticipating to find out this quarter, what's next for the premium segment after the retooling.
-TechVP