Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perforated seats! WANT!

Not me. They are the biggest PITA to clean, when gunk gets in the holes.

I hope the Y "2.0" is spec'd with a regular steering wheel and stalks. A dark headliner would be OK. Elon has mentioned that the Y could have an option for the yoke with the purchase of FSD. I would sure want to know what the ratio of Y buyers with and without FSD is. I'll bet it isn't nealy as high as the S and X buyers.

Reactions: z335is
I hope the Y "2.0" is spec'd with a regular steering wheel and stalks. A dark headliner would be OK. Elon has mentioned that the Y could have an option for the yoke with the purchase of FSD. I would sure want to know what the ratio of Y buyers with and without FSD is. I'll bet it isn't nealy as high as the S and X buyers.
After finally driving the Yoke a bit on my friends Model S the actual Yoke is FINE.its the capactive buttons that feel all off and wrong.

Reactions: M-S-M
Until it works correctly, the yoke is an absolute NOPE for me. As implemented, It's just silly. The only thing it does help with is an unobstructed view of the dash, which the 3/Y don't have.
I live in an area where you find yourself making a lot of legal U-Turns, thanks to street design/planning... Making a U-turn with a yoke seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Also, with the yoke, you lose the turn signal stalk, and it gets replaced with buttons on the wheel... I hate stuff like this, because it makes it so you can't easily signal if the wheel is turned because the position is not static. I'm sure everyone (at least those that signal, lol) have muscle memory for this when making lane changes at least... Simple smooth movement to trigger the signal in the direction you are turning the wheel. In the very least, this seems like a pain to add ADA equipment, as my father in law has some stuff that was easily added becuase he didn't have use of his left arm... The turn signal buttons on the yoke requires the use of your left thumbs and hands. And you can't easily attach a right-hand actuator, becuase there is no stalk.

Last edited:
Reactions: saltsman and dyau
I live in an area where you find yourself making a lot of legal U-Turns, thanks to street design/planning... Making a U-turn with a yoke seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Also, with the yoke, you lose the turn signal stalk, and it gets replaced with buttons on the wheel... I hate stuff like this, because it makes it so you can't easily signal if the wheel is turned because the position is not static. I'm sure everyone (at least those that signal, lol) have muscle memory for this when making lane changes at least... Simple smooth movement to trigger the signal in the direction you are turning the wheel. In the very least, this seems like a pain to add ADA equipment, as my father in law has some stuff that was easily added becuase he didn't have use of his left arm... The turn signal buttons on the yoke requires the use of your left thumbs and hands. And you can't easily attach a right-hand actuator, becuase there is no stalk.
There will be a new driving school....instructor is David Hasselhoff :)