Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 2021 PPF bra?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

We have white 2021 Tesla Y which will be going on several long trips soon. We are thinking to add clear bra style PPF to protect front bumper. How hard it is to install?

I am looking at invisiblemask website and they are asking if I want kit with sensors or without. Any cheaper options you can recommend?

The front bumper is very difficult. I’d highly recommend letting a professional do it.
agreed. Fenders, hood, and even mirrors are relatively easy compared to the bumper. Pay the money and have a pro do it. You’re going to do it regardless.

source: tried it on my own and I’m fairly decent with vinyl/tint. The bumper is just way out of my amateur level skill set. Paid the pros and it looks perfect.

Reactions: BitJam
Plastidip

Cheap and super easy with a spray can (put down a few layers).

Hello,

We have white 2021 Tesla Y which will be going on several long trips soon. We are thinking to add clear bra style PPF to protect front bumper. How hard it is to install?

I am looking at invisiblemask website and they are asking if I want kit with sensors or without. Any cheaper options you can recommend?

Reactions: Luminous
I used this kit from eBay and I believe you can get a 10% code through one of the YouTubers. The install video above is what I used for reference and recommend. Like everyone said, the bumper is extremely difficult because you have to stretch and tack down certain points and it's a lot of work if you aren't experienced with it. Having said that, I was fine doing it myself to save some extra money and ended up with some imperfections. You can try with the rocker panels first to get some experience with the film if you want to DIY.

Reactions: Luminous
Hello,

If youve never done PPF install before, chances of doing it right your FIRST attempt...on the Y bumper? Are very...slim.

For a long trip I'd go with this

Or I'd do like Ive done with every other car Ive owned. Just...drove it as is/like 99% of all of the other drivers on the road do

If youve never done PPF install before, chances of doing it right your FIRST attempt...on the Y bumper? Are very...slim.

For a long trip I'd go with this

Or I'd do like Ive done with every other car Ive owned. Just...drove it as is/like 99% of all of the other drivers on the road do
Wow.
Wow, had NO IDEA this existed. All that time wasted with painters tape.

Thank you. I don’t have PPF on my White MYP (only got it on the MSM) but we are taking both on a road trip in may and I’m definitely using this for the white one!

Last edited:
agreed. Fenders, hood, and even mirrors are relatively easy compared to the bumper. Pay the money and have a pro do it. You’re going to do it regardless.

source: tried it on my own and I’m fairly decent with vinyl/tint. The bumper is just way out of my amateur level skill set. Paid the pros and it looks perfect.
Was the bumper wrapped? My installer claims that the bumper cannot be wrapped unless it is taken off the car.