Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 7 seater delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier in the day my delivery date said “Aug 28 - Sept 2” tonight I got an email to review my lease offer. I signed in and I just got my VIN tonight. Any idea what that means for the actual order? BUT my delivery date now says “October” and I can’t review my lease offer. It is still greyed out.

Is this for real?? Will I actually get my car soon? I’ve had a VIN assigned before only to have it removed from my account the next day. I’m losing my mind since I have no car and I’ve been renting. Any positive words would be great.

7 seat model Y order placed 5/3/21.
I ordered May 9th. MY, LR, Black on Black, 7 Seat, 19” Wheels. Dates jumped back and forth for a while. At one point was Oct, jumping up and down. Week before last it changed Spet 2nd to 8th window. Last Week Saturday Aug 21st got my VIN. Yesterday I got a Text asking me to schedule a pick up/delivery date. Went by my Tesla store who looked up the VIN and was able to tell me the “Born“ date plus give me a more accurate scheduled landing date at the local Tesla Store of Sept 7th to 8th. Chose Spet 10th for pick up.

I’d venture to say yours is coming within two to three weeks. FYI. Once you get that text or email, click the link within 48 hours to schedule the date. I was advise by the store that if you do not click and select a date within 48 hours your car/VIN goes to the next person with same config. You can change the date afterwards but need to click and select a date wI thin that 48 hour period. Could that be why your VIN was removed that last time?

Reactions: IMABuckeye
I ordered May 9th. MY, LR, Black on Black, 7 Seat, 19” Wheels. Dates jumped back and forth for a while. At one point was Oct, jumping up and down. Week before last it changed Spet 2nd to 8th window. Last Week Saturday Aug 21st got my VIN. Yesterday I got a Text asking me to schedule a pick up/delivery date. Went by my Tesla store who looked up the VIN and was able to tell me the “Born“ date plus give me a more accurate scheduled landing date at the local Tesla Store of Sept 7th to 8th. Chose Spet 10th for pick up.

I’d venture to say yours is coming within two to three weeks. FYI. Once you get that text or email, click the link within 48 hours to schedule the date. I was advise by the store that if you do not click and select a date within 48 hours your car/VIN goes to the next person with same config. You can change the date afterwards but need to click and select a date wI thin that 48 hour period. Could that be why your VIN was removed that last time?
apparently my VIN was removed the first time because they assigned me the wrong car.

today I got the scheduling email and I am scheduled to take delivery on Friday. I’ll believe it when I see the car in my driveway I can’t wait but I’m also scared to get my hopes up.

hoping for Friday!!

Reactions: Mrskahn
I know i will get down-voted or whatever, but people, please buck and grow up.

We all sound like young lads complaining about everything.

I understand the dates are pushing out etc.

If you look at market conditions, supply chain is screwed up.
Ocean containers are 8x times the price of last year, we literally have over 30+ ships waiting to dock, dock workers are going on strike because they are not getting a piece of the pie, etc.

If you can't handle the delay of your vehicle, perhaps Tesla isnt the brand for you.

I know i will get down-voted or whatever, but people, please buck and grow up.

We all sound like young lads complaining about everything.

I understand the dates are pushing out etc.

If you look at market conditions, supply chain is screwed up.
Ocean containers are 8x times the price of last year, we literally have over 30+ ships waiting to dock, dock workers are going on strike because they are not getting a piece of the pie, etc.

If you can't handle the delay of your vehicle, perhaps Tesla isnt the brand for you.
I’ll add…
8 x the price of last year, that’s generous. Last week it was more like 10 x. For those who are not aware and no real reason why they should be… it used to cost $2800 long time ago for a shipping container from China/Thailand. June, July 2021 it was some $15000. A few weeks ago it was $22000. Last week shy of $29000. It’s amazing that we are getting our cars at the agreed prices. We’ve seen the deletion of passenger lumber and radar (I do feel that radar was removed earlier than planned due to supply).

I am no expert or authority on Tesla but I know it is normal for the Tesla dates to jump back and forth, this occurred even prior to the pandemic. I’m sure Everyone knows, Tesla produces in batches. If they just finished a run of back paint or seven seats it may be a while before another run comes around. As Tesla fine tunes the ‘batch” your car will be produced in lots can happen. More white cars are needed. 7 seats get delayed etc.
All said, we wait… and wait… I had ordeed May 9th. Picking up Sept 10th so my wait is hopefully over.

So surprisingly I got my VIN today.. I made the order July 24th.. and my delivery is scheduled for end of September. It was estimated for mid November to end of November so I had everything planned out for that time but this was an interesting surprise. I don't have anything ready to take delivery yet. Charging at home not setup yet.. Might be traveling also around that time.. Delivery is at Mt Kisco NY if anyone is interested in case I decide not to take delivery at the moment. Thanks

So surprisingly I got my VIN today.. I made the order July 24th.. and my delivery is scheduled for end of September. It was estimated for mid November to end of November so I had everything planned out for that time but this was an interesting surprise. I don't have anything ready to take delivery yet. Charging at home not setup yet.. Might be traveling also around that time.. Delivery is at Mt Kisco NY if anyone is interested in case I decide not to take delivery at the moment. Thanks
Aww man. That's sad to know.

I would have taken it if it was red. Wish you good luck! 👍