Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 7 seater delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm done waiting. This was supposed to be my Mother's Day present. Good luck to everyone else. Canceled my order as of now.
Sorry that this happened.

we ordered 3 months before our baby was due, with an expected time line of 5-8 weeks at the time of order.

our baby has arrived, and unfortunately our current car electric car cannot accommodate our needs.

I will also cancel if I don’t have clarity by 8/1

Sorry that this happened.

we ordered 3 months before our baby was due, with an expected time line of 5-8 weeks at the time of order.

our baby has arrived, and unfortunately our current car electric car cannot accommodate our needs.

I will also cancel if I don’t have clarity by 8/1
The delays and EDD jumps are so bad. However while shopping for a car before I decided on Tesla, Hybrid 3 rows midsize SUVs were not readily available. I am not going to talk about the absurdity of dealerships with the low supply and high demand.

Reactions: moe0059 and dyau
The delays and EDD jumps are so bad. However while shopping for a car before I decided on Tesla, Hybrid 3 rows midsize SUVs were not readily available. I am not going to talk about the absurdity of dealerships with the low supply and high demand.
Agreed. The grass is not greener on the other side, and the dealer experience is cringey to say the least.

that said; if you are prepared dealer asking price (what we did for Tesla) and you can find your configuration or at least a compromise configuration + associated charges (what a lot of people did at the end of Q2 ) if another vehicle matches your needs then go for it.

we decided on a Tesla because after owning an EV for 2 years we cannot go back to an ICE vehicle. Tesla was the only option with 3 rows, electric with range more than our current Kona EV. It is a no Brainer, but the experience has been far below ideal.

Reactions: ZeroG
Agreed. The grass is not greener on the other side, and the dealer experience is cringey to say the least.

that said; if you are prepared dealer asking price (what we did for Tesla) and you can find your configuration or at least a compromise configuration + associated charges (what a lot of people did at the end of Q2 ) if another vehicle matches your needs then go for it.

we decided on a Tesla because after owning an EV for 2 years we cannot go back to an ICE vehicle. Tesla was the only option with 3 rows, electric with range more than our current Kona EV. It is a no Brainer, but the experience has been far below ideal.
I agree! The experience since ordering is not great and needs a lot of improvement.

Agreed. I ordered 5/8, current EDD is 8/5-8/21. Every day the dates have slipped one day remaining 15 days away every day. Sucks...fingers crossed we all start seeing VINs soon. Maybe they will make a bunch of 7 seaters all at once and fill a bunch of orders! Or, you know...not do that.

Reactions: ZeroG
E72D4B9A-34F8-4648-93C4-A9AE148F03EE.png
Did anyone get this ?

I have to say our MY LR 7 AB has exceeded our expectations in almost every area. I think the 7 seaters might be slower than the 5 seaters and no notice of that on the Tesla site. Other than that, it has been an amazing car. The rear seats have been much more useful than I thought they would but you definitely have to play with the middle row to maximize the rear seat room. The last row folds nicely when not in use.

I can really understand now why MY sales are ramping up so quickly. There is part of me that would prefer the M3 on a daily basis but dang you can't beat the versatility of the MY and add in the extra row of seats if you need it and it is a heck of a bargain for what all you get. I've been towing pretty big motorcycles and jetskis and it does an amazing job even there. Energy consumption is lower than I thought it would.

Hopefully you will all get yours soon and enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.