Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 7 seater delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla Y 7 seater on 1/30 with expected delivery 2/14-3/14 - At the beginning of March the delivery estimate disappeared from the website. - When I called I was told that I can expect my car end of March. - Called again on 3/31 after I did not hear from them and still no VIN on the website. - Now I was told that production is set for mid-April and I should expect car 'probably' mid-May. - Anybody else getting this time of delays? - I am on the west coast; closest Tesla factory is in CA

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I am with you my friend. One never knows anything about Tesla. I made an order on 1/9 with delivery by mid-February. Things kept getting pushed because of false promises by Tesla reps. I cancelled and ordered a new one from inventory. At least now I have a VIN but it is stuck at Fremont waiting for a truck. With Q1 ended, no guarantees it will be delivered to me soon.

Check existing inventory to see if there is a match/close match If you haven’t looked in a while.

I ordered seven seater on 3/24 and there was no matching existing… But when I checked again on 3/29 there was several 7 seaters in every city around me.
I called and was able to be matched to one then and have delivery coming Tuesday.
It wasn’t an exact match, but close enough that it’s perfect for me.... just addition of tow that I didn’t originally order

Check existing inventory to see if there is a match/close match If you haven’t looked in a while.

I ordered seven seater on 3/24 and there was no matching existing… But when I checked again on 3/29 there was several 7 seaters in every city around me.
I called and was able to be matched to one then and have delivery coming Tuesday.
It wasn’t an exact match, but close enough that it’s perfect for me.... just addition of tow that I didn’t originally order
I ordered LR/white ext/black int/20”/no tow originally... found the exact except addition of tow and was happy to pay the additional $ to get it now and not wait

Put in my my 7 seat order on 1/26 and got unmatched 2 times. After the 3rd one, I got a call the day before delivery and was told they didn’t receive the car. I had to reschedule to 4/4, so hopefully they have my car this time.

It’s frustrating that they won’t allow you to reschedule a pickup more than a day beyond your assigned delivery date. They expect you to follow their strict schedule, while throwing yours into disarray with little consideration. I had to take a day off and get a babysitter for the first delivery date only to be told, less than 24 hours prior, that it wasn’t there yet.

I ordered my Tesla Y 7 seater on 1/30 with expected delivery 2/14-3/14 - At the beginning of March the delivery estimate disappeared from the website. - When I called I was told that I can expect my car end of March. - Called again on 3/31 after I did not hear from them and still no VIN on the website. - Now I was told that production is set for mid-April and I should expect car 'probably' mid-May. - Anybody else getting this time of delays? - I am on the west coast; closest Tesla factory is in CA
What configuration?

The only Tesla factory producing cars for the US is in CA.

What is your config? Inventory shows ~20 7 seaters in CA. Would be $1000 to ship one to you and you'd have it as soon as transportation can be arranged. Just use the Fremont zip code (94538) on the Tesla website for Bay Area cars and 90210 for LA area cars.

You can also call your SA and ask them to match you to an inventory car out of state. They will see if they can find one to match your config.

Are you getting a standard 7 seater?

Yup. Ordered my 7 pax MY early May. Delivery dates slipped twice. Now showing 1 Aug.