Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y fair price?

Luminous

Mar 9, 2021
Hello,

My last 4 cars were Lexus's and I decided that Tesla Y may not be what I really want to drive on cross country trips which I do take often, it just sits in the garage when I take ES350 to work and RX350 on trips. It's a white 2021 AWD LR model with 5.7k highway miles, bought this February, still looks new. I am in Upstate NY and if someone wants to buy one, there is an extra delivery charge if that makes a difference.

Luminous

Mar 9, 2021
No FSD. Black interior. 19in wheels. Heated steering wheel, latest heat pump, double pane glass. Everything else stock for 2021. Piano black central console though. Paid 55.5k but had to drive to pick it up to avoid extra delivery charge. It’s looks like any new Y

Last edited:

Draketurner

Jul 22, 2019
Hobart, IN
I mean the car is ~51.2k brand new so...45k or so? Get offers from Carvana/Vroom/Carmax in my opinion. Im selling my MYP to Carmax tomorrow as they offered more than anyone (including private party).

Luminous

Mar 9, 2021
46.8k offer from vroom is good then? So there is no wait for Y now and prices on slightly used ones drop accordingly? I may try private party/facebook or just keep it.

Last edited:

Luminous

Mar 9, 2021
Carvana offer was too low, but they don't even have 2021 Y in drop down menu and manual appraisal decided my VIN was from 3. However, their offer mentioned that I can save about 3k by trading in NY. I suppose this will work with any NY dealer. Would it work with Carmax?

Last edited:

branden

Jun 18, 2018
Minneapolis
The used market is stupid high right now and the resellers seem to be willing to play ball in it... private buyers would rather just buy new from Tesla with such little price difference

Reactions: Luminous

SixZoSeven

Jan 11, 2021
Carlsbad, CA
Although we see prices on used 3/Ys higher than expected, do we know for sure if these vehicles are indeed selling? I've seen several used listings across the various used car websites that have bee up for 45-90+ days, even with mainstream pricing.

Reactions: Luminous

Luminous

Mar 9, 2021
I don’t mind if it will take awhile to sell my Y, I was just wondering if price may plunge anytime soon due to significant hardware upgrade or renewed EV rebate

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC