Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y Pictures - Interior and Exterior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello @SilverSmith , Thanks again for posting all the great content and feeding the starving community! I was hoping you'd take one more measurement comparision between your M3 and MY. Would you measure the wood dash trim length wise in both models? I'm in contact with EV Wraps and already ordered a Trim Vinyl kit. We wanted to make sure they were the same size. we are under the impression they are but with the width increase, I just wanted to check. Thanks!

Hello @SilverSmith , Thanks again for posting all the great content and feeding the starving community! I was hoping you'd take one more measurement comparision between your M3 and MY. Would you measure the wood dash trim length wise in both models? I'm in contact with EV Wraps and already ordered a Trim Vinyl kit. We wanted to make sure they were the same size. we are under the impression they are but with the width increase, I just wanted to check. Thanks!
The wood strip on the dash is the one cosmetic thing I'm thinking of modifying. If this was like the Model S, where you can choose, I would never have chosen wood.

Reactions: AdVanced
The wood strip on the dash is the one cosmetic thing I'm thinking of modifying. If this was like the Model S, where you can choose, I would never have chosen wood.

Yea! I got Pearl White with the black induction and black interior. The wood trim is just going to look off. I got that vibe watching Ryan Shaw's recent review. Definitely didn't want the white interior though. I originally asked Tesla to order the white trim but realized that Vinyl was the better option to protect it and get the same effect. Also got white to cover the piano black console and black T's to cover the chrome Tesla badges.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Yea! I got Pearl White with the black induction and black interior. The wood trim is just going to look off. I got that vibe watching Ryan Shaw's recent review. Definitely didn't want the white interior though. I originally asked Tesla to order the white trim but realized that Vinyl was the better option to protect it and get the same effect. Also got white to cover the piano black console and black T's to cover the chrome Tesla badges.
Yeah, I'm thinking I may cover the console, more to avoid the dirtying or damaging the shiny surface than for any cosmetic change. And I'm absolutely going to get those stupid stickers for the door lock buttons.

A set of four D-rings placed in corners of the cargo area would be a good idea too, help to tie loads down firm. Imagine someone going on a trip with a stowed spare tire or heavy pelican cases laying in the back. An accident with a rollover could prove deadly from flying cargo. Not everything will fit into the larger compartment under the deck.
Totally agree: at 2.09 without securing the load

Understand you are covering yours w/ vinyl, but instead would you want to trade dashboards? The vinyl might show the wood grain texture through it. I have white interior on order and plan on swapping in the wood trim instead. I could ship you my white one and you ship me your wood one.

Ok, here is the info on the hitch. There is not a receiver hiding under the cover, and the cover is rather hard to remove, but I did get it open and take a picture.

BTW, I noticed the rear tires are wider AND taller than the front. Interesting... What is that, 0.6" taller and 0.8" wider on the back?
255/35R21 = 28X10R21
275/35R21 = 28.6x10.8R21
Is it the 98 load index rating that makes the performance 21" model unsuitable for towing?

I drove my Model 3 with the back seat down and the tires noise is quite noticeable on freeway above 65 miles/h.

Since the Model Y don't have a trunk cover, the tires noise might be also quite noticeable
I'm hoping the reason the sidewalls in the trunk around the rear tires are so much bulkier than in the test models and release candidates we have seen previously is because they had to add sound dampening there. A possibility.

Understand you are covering yours w/ vinyl, but instead would you want to trade dashboards? The vinyl might show the wood grain texture through it. I have white interior on order and plan on swapping in the wood trim instead. I could ship you my white one and you ship me your wood one.
I asked my local service center if I could order it and they said I probably could. There's also a authorized repair center nearby where I know the owners and could probably order it through them. But at the end of the day I could vinyl wrap it a bunch of times before meeting the cost of the replacement. I'm okay with the grain showing through. Interestingly enough, I didn't even think about vinyl until I post it in the other forum about it.

Reactions: Electric Steve
It was funny when folks were marveling over the 40/20/40 seat (granted, any news about the Y was basically multiplied by 10 given how starved we all were for new info). It was a feature my 4Runner has had since its 2010 redesign -- we're talking about the polar opposite in terms of state-of-the-art technology vs. the Tesla. :)

I took a look -- it has the same post sticking out, so to answer the question, Toyota doesn't have a better solution, at least not in the 4Runner. Also, at the bottom of the photo, you can see my cargo cover...not standard, but sold by Toyota as an OEM accessory.

Wow...well today I learned that my 4runner that I have had for 2 years could do this! Just shows how for most people, its really not important for the middle seat to recline, but I'm not a skier either.

I asked my local service center if I could order it and they said I probably could. There's also a authorized repair center nearby where I know the owners and could probably order it through them. But at the end of the day I could vinyl wrap it a bunch of times before meeting the cost of the replacement. I'm okay with the grain showing through. Interestingly enough, I didn't even think about vinyl until I post it in the other forum about it.
Yeah wrap is definitely an option. A swap would only cost shipping (unless you found someone local to you.) and a few days of being without a dash haha.

Otherwise I'll just order the wood dash and sell the white one on ebay. Hoping it's identical to model 3 to help with resale.

I have a black interior coming.
Right, you're getting a wood dash with your black interior, and you don't want the wood dash. I do want the wood. You could send me your wood one, and I could send you my white one, that way you have a smooth surface to do your vinyl, bc vinyl on top of the wood might show the texture through it. Just a thought. Otherwise I will order a wood one from Tesla and sell the white one.

RPM Tesla sells caps that cover the wood. We got one for our Model 3. The fit is perfect and much easier to install than vinyl. They have a pearl white one as well. I'd wait for them to make one of those for the Model Y