Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y Pictures - Interior and Exterior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man you can try to convince yourself what ever you want but tis car is ugly as … Interior looks so cheap. I don't care how it drives if feels cheap inside. Only funboys can not see that

For many of us, the minimalist interior is a feature, not a bug. If you like gauges, switches, buttons, and other details then go buy a car that has those. You won't find me on the forums for those vehicles telling you that you're wrong for liking them.

Man you can try to convince yourself what ever you want but tis car is ugly as … Interior looks so cheap. I don't care how it drives if feels cheap inside. Only funboys can not see that

Okay lol. I've exclusively driven premium European cars forever and I don't think this car looks/feels cheap. It's an incorrect mentality that more stuff = better, and minimalism is cheap. This car is exceptionally minimalistic but there is a beauty/luxury in achieving this level of minimalism.

Now I don't have one yet, and maybe I'm just overly excited..but I love the 3/Y interior. I love modern, clean/minimal design though.

Okay lol. I've exclusively driven premium European cars forever and I don't think this car looks/feels cheap. It's an incorrect mentality that more stuff = better, and minimalism is cheap. This car is exceptionally minimalistic but there is a beauty/luxury in achieving this level of minimalism.

Now I don't have one yet, and maybe I'm just overly excited..but I love the 3/Y interior. I love modern, clean/minimal design though.

Agreed. I drove a Mercedes S rental the other day. Nice car, but after owning a Tesla my first thought was why all these buttons and dials.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Reactions: hutsy
Right, you're getting a wood dash with your black interior, and you don't want the wood dash. I do want the wood. You could send me your wood one, and I could send you my white one, that way you have a smooth surface to do your vinyl, bc vinyl on top of the wood might show the texture through it. Just a thought. Otherwise I will order a wood one from Tesla and sell the white one.
"we suggest ordering an extra one from TESLA's parts department for only $225 for a wood one and $295 for a white aluminum one."

SilverSmith...
Very nice Y! So Elon finally has finally completed his S3XY. He tried very hard to get the E but some other car manufacturer got it first. Interesting that the 3 is a smaller S and Y is a smaller X. I have the 2017 X. I added the hardware components for the automatic driving and the tow hitch when I purchased the car. I was told they would be much cheaper if they were put on as original equipment than to add them later. I don't keep the physical hitch on the vehicle except when I want to use it. It's in the way when I'm using the trunk. I have a 5-seater because I wanted more storage which is most often used for my granddaughter's soccer team or her school newscasting team's cameras and equipment. Not exactly what I planned to do when I retired last year and expected to try and tour the country on electric. This is fun, too.

Hello @SilverSmith , Thanks again for posting all the great content and feeding the starving community! I was hoping you'd take one more measurement comparision between your M3 and MY. Would you measure the wood dash trim length wise in both models? I'm in contact with EV Wraps and already ordered a Trim Vinyl kit. We wanted to make sure they were the same size. we are under the impression they are but with the width increase, I just wanted to check. Thanks!
The M3 and MY are identical in size of the wood strip. I measured the total width across the dash, and the thickness to the right of the screen. Pretty safe to say they are the same, but would have to remove them both to really know 100%.

I'm curious as to whether anyone shares my concern re: induction wheels? I think they're beautiful and they are currently part of my config, but so dark you can barely see them. I'm considering going with the gemini (minus caps) and getting a set of after-market 20".

What does the hive-mind think?

Really like what I am seeing in these photos BUT, does anyone else think the seats on the risers looks a little weird?
View attachment 521037

It looks like they just made stilts for the model 3 seats. I honestly don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. Also curious to see what the bottom of the center console looks like from the back as it isn't super clear in this photo. Happy about the addition of USB C though. Hopefully they start putting USB C in Model 3s soon.

I like the carpeted risers vs. an ugly metal framework that most other manufacturers use. Plus it gets the slide rails up off the floor and frees up a couple inches of snag-free storage underneath the seats.

Reactions: IdaBish and daktari
I'm curious as to whether anyone shares my concern re: induction wheels? I think they're beautiful and they are currently part of my config, but so dark you can barely see them. I'm considering going with the gemini (minus caps) and getting a set of after-market 20".

What does the hive-mind think?

I figured with the $2000 savings, I can almost get a second of tires and wheels for the winter.

Reactions: Dwayne Hicks
Wow...well today I learned that my 4runner that I have had for 2 years could do this! Just shows how for most people, its really not important for the middle seat to recline, but I'm not a skier either.

I might have used it once or twice across two 4Runners since 2012. But I could see how it’d be useful for transporting skis or fishing poles plus 4 adults.

One thing to be careful if folding the middle seat: long, narrow, pointy objects need to properly tied down, as they will be aimed at the 15” screen.

• Informative
Reactions: mgraff