Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y Pictures - Interior and Exterior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is definitely frustrating considering it was a part of the package up until a couple weeks ago. It'd be really unfair if they don't let customers that ordered before February get the package included. I have a screenshot showing that it should be with it.

Totally agree that the decision making on packaging is bewildering.

Now they will have the strain of people calling up their service centers or have mobile deployment come & add the Homelink.
Unless of course, it's a software flip on.

Reactions: Electric Steve
is definitely frustrating considering it was a part of the package up until a couple weeks ago. It'd be really unfair if they don't let customers that ordered before February get the package included. I have a screenshot showing that it should be with it.
I agree. But, really, it's $300 on a $60k+ vehicle. This is a rounding error, so it's more insult than injury.

The economics of it do make sense. Why pay the cost of a component that only some fraction of buyers actually need? Better to let those who want it pay for it, giving Tesla an extra hundred dollars with each regular sale and turning the feature into a profit-generating upgrade.

On the one hand, as a buyer, I want more for my money, even at Tesla's expense. On the other, I also want Tesla to make a profit on this because I need them to stick around, both to support my new car and to keep innovating. Maybe I'll upgrade to a Model Z (or whatever) in 5 to 10 years.

Reactions: gene
Thanks. Lots to say here, but the bottom line is that it looks good. More practical storage space than I expected. At least from the video, it doesn't look shoddy or rushed.

He comments about the new speakers in the doors. From what I've read, those are new because they make room for those two side compartments in the back.
No, I think they replace the two speakers on the rear deck since there is no rear deck on a hatchback.

Is there really no parcel / cargo shelf?
If so, that seems such a strange omission.
I think it's pretty hit or miss whether CUV's / SUV's come with a parcel shelf. None of the SUV's I've owned have had one. I found them to be a bit of a PITA on rental cars I've had.

Anyway, as with all of their cars, Tesla needs to cut out features that they can to keep the costs down. This omission wouldn't bother me.

• Disagree
Reactions: Watts_Up
I think it's pretty hit or miss whether CUV's / SUV's come with a parcel shelf. None of the SUV's I've owned have had one. I found them to be a bit of a PITA on rental cars I've had.

Anyway, as with all of their cars, Tesla needs to cut out features that they can to keep the costs down. This omission wouldn't bother me.
FWIW, I'd be happier if they included some hooks but made the cover itself cost extra.

I might have missed it but I haven’t seen any dimensions posted for the length and width of the rear space with the rear seats folded down. Just saying it’s 68cuft is useless for real world. In my Subaru Outback, I was able to put a single sized mattress in the back (with drivers seats well forward) when moving my son to college. So what about model y?

Reactions: Watts_Up
I might have missed it but I haven’t seen any dimensions posted for the length and width of the rear space with the rear seats folded down. Just saying it’s 68cuft is useless for real world. In my Subaru Outback, I was able to put a single sized mattress in the back (with drivers seats well forward) when moving my son to college. So what about model y?
It's true that the total cargo capacity is split between the frunk, the trunk (with and without the back seats down), the main undertrunk, the secondary undertrunk, and the two side compartments. So, yes, a single number doesn't really tell the whole story, although having different types of cargo spaces can be a good thing. There are some items I'd leave in the frunk but never in the trunk.

As for a bed, the videos make it look like it's long enough for a twin-sized mattress. I would LOVE to measure this in my own Model Y and tell you for sure, but my prayers to St. Musk have not been answered. Yet.

I didn't see one, but you would likely need to tear into it to know for sure. I show a picture of the inside in a few posts.
Model Y - Hands On
I really need to know the height of the passenger seat at its lowest setting. Attached are pics of the seat measurement. My wife is in a wheelchair and I have to transfer her into the seat.View attachment 521731
IMG_8508.jpeg

It's true that the total cargo capacity is split between the frunk, the trunk (with and without the back seats down), the main undertrunk, the secondary undertrunk, and the two side compartments. So, yes, a single number doesn't really tell the whole story, although having different types of cargo spaces can be a good thing. There are some items I'd leave in the frunk but never in the trunk.

As for a bed, the videos make it look like it's long enough for a twin-sized mattress. I would LOVE to measure this in my own Model Y and tell you for sure, but my prayers to St. Musk have not been answered. Yet.

The storage possibility vid from Tesla appears to show a surfboard length config & those range from @ least 72" up to over 96" depending on surfer's weight: Surfboard Sizes
I know it doesnt mean anything ....

Board Size.JPG

I really need to know the height of the passenger seat at its lowest setting. Attached are pics of the seat measurement. My wife is in a wheelchair and I have to transfer her into the seat.View attachment 521731View attachment 521732

How does the pup fit in the back? Can he/she make it with the back seats up? Trying to determine if my Bernese Mountain Dog can fit in back there!

I had a 2004 Jetta Wagon TDI that came with one of those, in my 15 years of ownership - I used it once.

It probably would have made sense to have mounts and charge extra for the shelf itself, like they do with HomeLink?

I had a 2011 Jetta TDI Wagon and now a 2016 TSI Wagon. Yesterday was the first time I put the shelf in the car, as I want the vehicle complete when I go to Carmax to get a comparison quote for a trade-in on the Y. So, don't want to pay for one in MY. Same with Homelink. I have two places with garages which a single two-button remote operates. My third location has a security gate which a $50 HOA provided remote opens. So, let the people who like Homelink add it, and have Tesla keep the cost out of the equation for the rest of us.