Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla...you got to be kidding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Their offer is only good for 30 days. Their actions are not good for customer relations, and the order process should include all costs and deductions. If your deal when you put down the deposit did not include the car trade-in value, they can change their valuation. There are many posts about low values on trade-ins. Tesla is trying to make money from the trade-in too. They offered me almost $10000 less for my trade in than Carmax. It is a money making service for the customer's convenience, nothing more. I am sorry you thought you were treated badly. I probably wouldn't have accepted the trade in offer.

I dont begrudge them trying to make money. The delta between an October quote (when I was a “prospect”) and their November quote (when I was “trapped” with leverage) is simply bad business and very close to bait and switch technique. There was simply no logical explanation for the valuation difference (no trend dynamics in used car market, over last 33 days, etc) other than “because we can”..........

I did not accept the revised quote and, in fact, cancelled my order after I requested a call back to discuss that never came. And again, this is from a 2X owner looking to be a 3X.

Reactions: Sonus and DerbyDave