Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLAA will not connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KArnold

May 21, 2017
Columbus OH
This used to work well but now I can't connect even when parked. Just get the default "connect to your phone's hotspot and make sure Teslaa is running" screen.

'17 MS, MCU2, rebooted car/phone, forgot/added both WiFi and BT - both work. Streams music fine. 2022.8.2.5. Galaxy S10+ Android kernel 4.14.

I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts?

I believe that's how TeslAA works - connect the car to your mobile hotspot/Bluetooth and then start the web page on the car.

I wonder if it's specific to my phone perhaps. But I see the hotspot connected and I can stream via BT.

Are you using a VPN on the phone?
No, but did think about that. I used to have TOR for Android installed but it's long uninstalled. But it makes me wonder if there is a remnant from there somehow interfering. I downloaded an app that does a TRACEROUTE (phone is not rooted) with the below - no apparent proxy and that looks normal to me.

Phone itself says "connected to AA".

Likely something on my phone. Maybe I'll borrow someone's phone and try that. Maybe wipe my own phone, but first things first.

Screenshot_20220509-191432_PingTools.jpg

I have been using TeslaA for about 6 months and it worked fine. Some freezing of the screen that a refresh would fix. I recently signed up for the Android 13 beta and upgraded. Now when my phone connects to the bluetooth and the hotspot connects, I just see a black/grey window in the browser. Bluetooth and Wifi hotspot is connected and android auto says it is connected. Refresh of the browser does not display the android auto screen. Just black/grey. Seems like it is connected though.

Wondered if anyone else is on the Android 13 beta and has this APP working now?

Love the APP and having AA on my tesla screen in the browser.

Anyone have this working on the Android 13 Beta?