Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaBros vs NikolaPros chrome delete kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good old spray paint on the OEM emblem for me. Notice the red stripe is no longer inset...that portion is all red.

DB9D9989-CB6F-490F-8057-925A18988EC8.jpeg
5A907F66-47EF-46C6-ACCA-530D673F5C4C.jpeg

Attachments

• AACA6C29-DA74-4F80-B92C-F5DBA4A9DD23.jpeg
    AACA6C29-DA74-4F80-B92C-F5DBA4A9DD23.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 245
I'm waiting or Nikola Pro to make a full door handle blackout, currently it only covers the outside and you see the chrome when you use the handle. They told me last December that they were working on it but it's still not available.

I too purchased the Nikola satin kit but have not installed it yet; too cold in the garage. Additionally I got this kit for the door handles
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VXBL9CD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
It does a full wrap of the handles with a single very complex shape. Installation video looks good. It uses the same material as the Nikola kit and includes extra pieces. I haven't installed this either but I am hopeful; if it doesn't work I can always use the Nikola handle partial wraps.

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz
I've been looking for a gray chrome delete to match the gray color of the 18" wheels without the aero caps. I just chatted with TeslaBros and they said their TeslaRaj Dark Satin Gray is pretty close to that.

Just FYI, I was thinking about doing chrome delete that matched with the 2020 Performance wheels (a little darker gray than the aero wheels) so considered 3M Dark Satin Gray. However, it is clearly LIGHTER than the wheel color so I decided against it since it may appear like "washed out" black from a distance. I went with black matte.

You may want to ask TeslaBros to send a small sample of Dark Satin Gray and Black to you so you can make an informed decision. If they won't you can always buy little sample swatches from Amazon or eBay.

Reactions: rtanov
Anyone figured out the best way to chrome delete the dual motor and underline? I still haven't been brave enough to plastidip it. Maybe this weekend though....maybe.

I don't have those (mine is a SR) but I did delete the logos on my own. Traced the outline on paper with a pencil. Created thin cardboard cutout and cut vinyl using that as stencil. Cumbersome but it turned out good.

Finished the passenger side, figured that’s be the practice side. This Nikola Pro kit is pretty good along with the videos. I’ve never seen chrome deletes or wraps up close as I don’t know anyone with them so I’m unsure if I’m totally screwing up some parts or that’s “kinda how it looks up close”.

I do need to use more heat gun for some areas as I do the driver side. The handles... yeah not sure what I think of the cover vs whole wrap with multiple overlaps. Maybe someone will make black handles or maybe the Model Y’s will fit!?!? Although tearing apart these doors is probably a nightmare.

It’s beer o’clock then starting driver side

Attachments

• 643EDA0D-BAB7-4268-ABFB-9C5DC3D8C7ED.jpeg
    643EDA0D-BAB7-4268-ABFB-9C5DC3D8C7ED.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 635B208E-D8B9-4A57-BA9D-25918F5A7B2E.jpeg
    635B208E-D8B9-4A57-BA9D-25918F5A7B2E.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 299
i got the nikola kit in today and i gave it the old "college try".

i lost patience and gave up. i kept the door handles, emblems and the cameras but the rest of dat ish was just too much for my limited brain and my zero patience.

i can see why cats charge what they charge to do this stuff. i could have let some things slide but that would bother me, so i ripped off the window trim and door stuff. :rolleyes: ill reach around to some local shops and bend over to get this done..:rolleyes:

mad props to you cats who did this yourselves. wow.

i got the nikola kit in today and i gave it the old "college try".

i lost patience and gave up. i kept the door handles, emblems and the cameras but the rest of dat ish was just too much for my limited brain and my zero patience.

i can see why cats charge what they charge to do this stuff. i could have let some things slide but that would bother me, so i ripped off the window trim and door stuff. :rolleyes: ill reach around to some local shops and bend over to get this done..:rolleyes:

mad props to you cats who did this yourselves. wow.

I finished it up a bit ago and like I said above, I’m not sure what some edges are “supposed” to look like. But for $139 w/ heat gun I’m all done with a full car worth of spares minus the driver fender camera (totally messed that first one up). If it lasts more than 12months here in Vegas it’s worth the money. I had a couple shops quote me $800 & $1050 to do what I just did for $139. They do offer a warranty, 4years if parked inside and 2yrs if outside...it’s Vegas though and I don’t have covered parking at work

Anyways, I would very much so recommend Nikola Pros!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Seem to be in the minority here but I just finished up my chrome delete last week. I used TeslaBros cause I wanted a dark grey. I ordered the TeslaRaj kit.
New to wrapping, so it could've been better but there's only a few very minor issues. Overall, I was super happy with the whole process. The videos and everything were enough for me and I'm a newbie. (Except the full door handle wrap..not happy with that) Knowing what I know now, I'd happily re-order from them.

2CF6DB9B-7504-4CB7-AE96-28C351CEF6EF.JPG

4278F6FB-16A9-474F-9008-FA14058286EE.JPG

Yes, I kno
w I'm in the reflection. These weren't supposed to be professional shots. :p

Reactions: Matsayz and rtanov