Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam 5.15 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I am assuming that the EAP and FSD systems are using the full quality feed and maybe the recording is super compressed to keep the files smaller. So what "we" see might not be that the driving systems see.

Disclosure: Just based on conjecture, have no proof of any kind.

Reactions: zhu-
I think 2019.5.15 is no longer closing my garage. Under 2018.50.6 (and prior), as soon as I pulled out of the garage (about 20ft), Tesla would close the garage. Has something changed? Does it now try to close the garage at the same distance (100ft in my case) as trying to open it?

I noticed longer range with 80% charge. We charged up to 80% which yields about 245 miles, with the new upgrade the 80% charge yielded 260 miles. Not sure if this is a permanent change and whether max range now is in excess of 310 miles?

And I am assuming that the EAP and FSD systems are using the full quality feed and maybe the recording is super compressed to keep the files smaller. So what "we" see might not be that the driving systems see.

Disclosure: Just based on conjecture, have no proof of any kind.

That's likely true as I've also heard HW3 will allow the system to output the end-user recordings in full resolution and fps as well.

I think 2019.5.15 is no longer closing my garage. Under 2018.50.6 (and prior), as soon as I pulled out of the garage (about 20ft), Tesla would close the garage. Has something changed? Does it now try to close the garage at the same distance (100ft in my case) as trying to open it?
The garage closing feature continues to work after my 2019.5.15 upgrade. Works the same as before the upgrade.

I never enabled the auto open/close garage option, but I noticed a few times (after I got 2019.5.15), pressing the garage homelink doesn't seem to open or close the garage. Also I used to be able to open the garage when I am still on the street. Now I have to get half way on to the driveway before it will take the command. It seems like there is a reduced range or something.

Tesla's cameras seem too dark and I would have expected better quality.

They are overly sensitive to light and dim out quickly. I noticed this at daybreak the other morning that when brakelights would come on, the picture would suddenly dim quickly, then when the brakelights in front would go off, it would return to normal quality.

Oh well, it's a free dashcam.

I keep getting the camera icon with a grey X and it won't record. I pulled to check and it was out of space. Scratching my head, I looked further and the culprit was Sentry Mode. Holy crap that eats a TON of space! Went in for lunch, activated Sentry, came out and 8GB was taken. Damn. Need to get a much bigger drive now.